14 ♫ before the storm

♫ Demi/Isabella

♫ Present

I listened to Rory sing her heart out and I just looked at her contently feeling proud. "Demi?" I looked at her as she took off her headphones and I smiled. "Was this good?"

"Better than I ever heard you sing before, actually." I answered her as I stood up to stand at my mic. "Let's practice the duet then I think we will be ready for tomorrow night. She nodded as she popped on her head phones and I got everything ready then popped on mine giving her a thumbs up. We sang as the x factor filmed for the preview tomorrow and far out.. We sounded so perfect and we finished singing as tears formed into my eyes.

"That was beautiful." I heard Rory announced as she came over and we embraced into a firm hug. "We sounded like we were made to sing together." I slowly nodded and wiped my eyes with my tissue.

"Oh Rory.." I whispered softly as the camera crew packed up and left us on our own. "This was just so breathtaking, sweet girl."

"I hope I make my family proud tomorrow night." Rory whispered softly as we walked out into the hallway as we heard thunder claps.

"Oh sweetie, you will make the whole world proud." I assured her with a soft laugh as I handed her a cup of water and she took it gratefully. "This voice of yours has changed the world for better." She blushed and looked down. "I know you don't think that about yourself but you really are the next generations role model like I was."

"Demi, you are so nice." Rory cried out as she smiled widely at me. "No one can be better than you."

"I never claimed to be better than anybody else, Rory." I laughed as I watched her take slow sips from her water. "Anyway, get yourself home before the storm hits and get your voice ready to sing." She nodded and gave me a hug then ran out. I sighed as I looked over at the studio knowing I have to beat her home. I ran to my room, got rid of my make up and wig then undressed to get dressed into my clothing from this morning.

"Home!" I announced as I opened the door to Sophia and Dallas playing Uno. "Hons!" I greeted them with a smile but they were staring at each intensely.

"You will not play that card." Dallas ordered to Sophia who had an amused look on her face and finally placed it down as it was her last. "NO!"

"I win!" She squealed as she stood up. "AGAIN! Miss Isabella, hi!" She hugged me as the door opened and appeared Rory. "Rory, hey!" They both ran into each other's arms and hugged then I turned my attention to Dallas who glared at me. She got up and grabbed my arm to lead us to my room.

"Ow." I whispered as she pushed me into the wall then closed the door. "What the hell!"

"I have had enough." Dallas whispered angrily as she walked over to my laptop and unlocked it. "I am assuming you missed this today and I have distracted Sophia before she could see." She opened up a website and my eyes widen.

Things aren't as they seem.
Is Rory secretly a Lovato?
Rory's mother looks so much like Demi that it isn't funny.
[Picture of Rory and myself at dinner last night.]
We have compared Demi and Isabella - we found no differences.
Let yourself be the judge of this but we clearly know that Rory is a Lovato.
Rather she knows or not..

"No. Way." I whispered with a sad laugh. "This picture is bad quality as well so they can't possibly point out every single thing like where's Demi's tattoo?"

"Your arm wasn't even in the picture to compare." Dallas scowled as she stood up and slammed me onto my bed. "You are lucky I have hidden both of their phones and turned the internet off."

"Yeah.."

"So you can tell them yourself tonight." Dallas continued as my eyes widen. "This has gone far enough."

"You don't get to call the shots!" I whispered as I used all of my strength to push her off me and she fell back onto the chair as I sat up.

"So, you get play God again?" She whispered angrily and I looked away. "Their lives really do not matter to you, do they?"

"Of course they matter to me, Dallas." I answered back and she looked at me with anger. "That's why I am doing this.."

"I never liked the idea of you having this second life but did you care?" Dallas whispered shouted as I sat on the bed looking at her. "It wasn't enough you did this but now you are playing with fire.. You cannot win against fire."

"Yes you can." I whispered trying to sound sure of myself. "By taking one thing out of the three things that makes the fire." Her eyes looked confused and I smiled at her. "All I have to do is to use my vote against Rory and they said they will drop it."

"It can't be that easy." Dallas whispered as she lean against the door to make sure she heard the girls if they came near the door. "Nothing is that straightforward without it backfiring or without a catch."

"I did other things.."

"Still.." Dallas trailed off as she heard a knock at the door then Rory stormed in.

"Why is the internet off?" Rory questioned with confusion and I looked at her with a smile as I scratched my head.

"Oh darn, I forgot to pay the internet bill.." I answered her as Dallas laughed. "That must been family time tonight." I stood up and brought her into a hug as she rolled her eyes.

"Let's watch a movie!" Sophia suggested and we all agreed to it.

I woke up with Rory's foot in my face. "Ew!" I squealed as her sock had a smell to it and she woke up frightened. "Your feet stink!"

"You are so mature, Mama." Rory laughed as I pushed her onto the floor as Sophia woke up with confusion.

"Morning y'all sleepy heads." Dallas walked in with two coffees in her hand then handed me one with a glare. "Girlies, it is big day so eat up the food I made in the kitchen then get ready.. It's already 1:00 in the afternoon." We all looked surprise but they ran to the kitchen regardless and I turned my attention to Dallas who was slowly sipping her coffee.

"Look, I know what I am doing." I whispered to Dallas and she looked up at me as I took a sip of the coffee. "I actually texted Simon who knows a guy who can find this person who is texting me but I won't find out until after today.."

"So.. I will have to stand back and watch if you got this under control then." Dallas questioned and I looked at my big sister's concern eyes. "So, what happens if no matter what you do tonight, this gets out then what happens Bella?" I looked down at my coffee with a sigh.

"It won't."

"You haven't even thought of that possibility, have you?" Dallas whispered with judgement trailed in her tone. I looked up at her with anger.

"Of course I have." I whispered again trying to stay calm so no one witnesses the angry Demetria. "Trust me, I have tortured myself since the day I made the decision to keep Rory from the public eye with the idea that someday this could all fall apart one day."

"So.." Dallas trailed off as she placed her mug on the coffee table. "Why aren't you doing a better job at doing the right thing for them?" She used her finger to point to the kitchen closed door. "By being honest then trying to protect this big fat lie." I stared down at my coffee and heard her sigh. She stood up and threw a cushion at me. "Thought you were better than this.." I watched her walk out as my coffee fell out my hands onto the ground.

"So how the hell am I meant to wash this coffee stain off my carpet?!" I screamed at Dallas and heard her reply back with a laugh.

"You made the bed, so you must lay in it." My eyes widen then the girls came in with their plates fulled with breakfast foods. I gave them an amused look then looked back down at the spilled coffee.. If this is the worst thing that happens to me today then I am lucky.. I hope.