Chapter 14: A Little Taste

Kelly had his surgery a month ago and it went as well as it could have possibly gone. He's got full motor function, his pain has majorly decreased and he only felt pain from the incisions made in the surgery but now he's completely fine and today he's returning to work.

I'm in the laundry room with Leslie and Gabby talking about everything that's happened recently.

"Things are working out surprisingly well, considering Clarice is in the bathroom every ten minutes. Severide is just.. he's been totally cool since she moved in, not that he's there much," Shay looks at me and I can't help but giggle.

"That's nice of him," says Dawson, not really caring.

"I mean, going up and down that spiral staircase with a baby, that's gonna suck but we should probably just leave him up there until he can walk down himself." Shay laughs and I smile at her happiness.

"Um, I get that neither of you are a huge fan of Clarice, but we're a couple now, and I'm looking to basically be a stepmom. So I need your support."

"You've got my support," I promise her.

"I'm sleeping with Mills," blurts out Gabby.

"I knew it!" I gasp.

"You skank," jokes Shay, "you kept it from us this whole time?"

"We agreed to keep it cool at work, so--"

"Does Casey know?" I ask.

"I don't think so."

"Are you gonna tell him?"

"Do you think I should?"

"So you're over him?" I ask.

"Look, he zigged, I zagged. It wasn't meant to be." says Gab.

"How's the sex with Mills?" Shay asks and I roll my eyes at her typical out-there questions.

"I, I really like him, but it's not just a physical thing, so let's just say he's very... detail-oriented. But here's the problem; he wants me to meet his mom, and I'm I'm just not there yet. What would you do?"

"Detail-oriented, huh?" Shay raises her eyebrows.

"Ambulance 61, Truck 81, Squad 3." The buzzer sounds and we get out there to do what we do.

"Driver fled the scene, but the passenger's pinned in there pretty good. Door's jammed. We gotta cut her out. Cruz, Otis, be prepared to assist squad with the pin in." Casey says.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" I ask the lady through the car window and survey the blood on her face.

"It's okay." she frowns a little confused.

"All right, sweetie, this is gonna go around your neck," says Gabby putting a C-Collar on her.

"Can you tell us your name?" I ask.

"Ambrosia,"

"Oh, yeah? You working tonight?" I ask, taking in her little dress and fur jacket.

"A little," she looks at me and then takes in my appearance, "you were in my dreams."

Ambrosia loses consciousness for a second, "Whoa! Hey, hey, hey! Come here, sweetie. Hon, what did you take?" Dawson holds up her head and flashes a light across her pupils.

"Dawson, track marks." I hold up her arm so she see where the needles have been put into her skin.

"Hey, Casey, how long till we get in there?" asks Dawson.