|3|Nightmares Are Just Memories?

Nobody wants to think about death, but one day everyone will experience this so-called 'death'. Just a few thoughts about death fill us with fear and dread. Lying awake at night, wondering how it would be is easy. Will it hurt? Will we be scared? Will there be release or just panic and pain? No one knows until you're dead. We won't know what comes after until our last breath is taken.

Everything was starting to feel numb, once again. The agonising pain in her lungs and throat were dulling down the longer she couldn't take oxygen into her body. She involuntary gasped, trying to get a small amount of oxygen into her lungs but that wasn't going to happen. Everything was hurting, her entire body screaming in pain, every muscle, every bone, every cell. She knew she wouldn't be able to take it for much longer, she had to get out of there. But, she couldn't move. Her body was too weak, too tired.

Naruto, she thought weakly, I hope you find me. Her wish didn't come true as the pain only increased ten-fold.

"I was an idiot," The demonic voice in her head said, "To think you could actually save me and my friends," The fox laughed hysterically. "Even though I was the reason why people called you a demon, you truly are the monster here."

"Kurama...?"

"I was glad I lied about how much of me was sealed in you! You actually believed that your dad would seal 25 percent of me into a baby girl. Stupid, stupid!" The Fox laughed, "Yeah, you had quite a lot of my chakra when you were born, courtesy of your mother, but now you'll barely have any! Your dad only placed a seal on you because you had way too much of my chakra when you were born!"

"W-what are you saying...?

"Uzumaki Mina, you brat, because of the decisions you made, you're losing the something that your parents left behind."

Before she could question any further, the bright blue and red light that surrounded her vision disappeared into darkness once again.

~~~

Many say when you die you will meet a skeleton, dressed in a thick, hooded, black, robe holding a scythe. Some say that you will go to Heaven or Hell. Others say you're reincarnated. Some say you become a ghost or stay asleep for the rest of eternity. She never got to meet a Shinigami in the ninja world that would take her soul or the pearly, white gates of heaven, nor did she walk down the fiery stairs of Hell. She was never reborn or became a ghost.

Instead, the cold, hard ground embraced her like her bed, or like a lover. Her vision faded into darkness, and a final breath left her pale blue lips, she felt nothing. There was no emotion, no heavyweight upon her shoulders, just the feeling of floating, of being part of the world... Of being part of the stars.

She felt whole -complete- as if she had found a piece of the puzzle she hadn't realised was missing. She was everything and nothing at the same time. Surely nothing could be better than this.

"MINA!?"

The shout was in the distance, far, far away. Her blue lips tugged up into a small smile, dull violet eyes remaining closed.

Naruto, you came too late.

*-*

Violet eyes seemed to be frozen over like the surface of a lake in winter, eliminating them from their usual warmth. Only a small amount of salty water spilt out of her optics before they stopped leaking out, a layer of tears never seemed to disappear, glued to her eyeballs. Her once light pink lips are now blue and dry, with pieces of skin peeling off. The lack of water had begun to show on her body, her skin looked older, dryer and rotten. Lack of food too, the bones in her ribs clearly visible underneath the thin, dirtied layer of flesh.