|9| Red.

H-how...?

Mina's eyes were wide open, never blinking as everything started to process in her brain. The warm liquid quickly started to become cold the longer it was out, and once the cold air started to cool down the slightly thick liquid, it started to harden and dry. A crimson substance dripped down onto the wet ground, not allowing to harden on her arm. Yet, some still stuck on her arm.

Her hand trembled, still in the position it was in before. Raising her left hand, she grabbed her right arm and brought it down in front of her. Still trembling. She dragged her left foot forward so she was standing straight and out of the offence position. She finally managed to blink slowly. And when she finally processed what happened, she only stood there silently.

She turned her head to look behind her. Red. A lot of red.

And if it was possible, her eyes widened even more. Two brown-haired females stared in shock at Mina's dirtied figure. The younger one looked down immediately once she had realised what had happened, but the older female stood there with an emotion that was unreadable. Blank.

They locked eyes.

Mina took a step back, almost tripping on something squishy behind her. Horrified at the look her sensei was giving her. One emotion was clear in her dark brown eyes. Disappointment. The adult blinked and shook her head before sighing.

"We better get going to report to Lady Hokage." Her voice was crisp and sliced through the tension-filled-air like it was a sharpened knife cutting through melted butter.

But Mina shook her head and took another step back. "Do you really think I can go back with what I've done?" She questioned although it sounded more of a statement.

Akihiko sighed again and watched as the strange hair coloured girl ran away from the scene. The two brunettes stood there in silence for a moment before the sensei broke it. "Come on, we better get back to camp. When Mina has cooled down we'll make our way back to the village."

Chiyumi merely nodded her head and followed her sensei to the body that was in the middle of it all. They both picked the lump of muscle up and silently walked back to the camp they had set up.

*-*

It was awkward, to say the least. She stood there glancing anywhere but the only double bed in the room. With only two rooms free in the small village inn, Akihiko accepted the offer and without a second thought, the twenty-year-old pushed the dark-haired male and the odd hair coloured female into one of the room. The Uzumaki had absolutely no problem sleeping in the same room as the handsome male. Well, that was before she realised there was only one bed in the room.

'You little sh***y brunettes.'

With a groan at the awkward atmosphere, she gave up on making it less awkward and just got into the large bed without any shame. Tugging the fluffy blanket over her shoulders, her violet eyes locked onto the male that still stood there in a strange stance.

"Just get in the bed, stop making it wired with those thoughts you males have." Came her blunt comment. She stared blankly as he almost robotically walked to the other side of the bed. "Seriously, stop making it wired, we're only sleeping together." She sighed getting comfortable laying on her side, facing the outward side of the bed. Mina gazed curiously at the redness of the older males face. And that when she realised what she had said. "That came out wrong," She muttered just loud enough for him to hear.

With those words processed in his brain, he quickly got on the other side of the bed and made himself comfortable. He didn't notice the small smirk on Mina's lips.