|13| Long Time No See.

She sat on the cushy bed, crossed legged and lost in thought. Orange fabric rested softly on her lap, with parts of it falling through her fingers. She held the small but sharp needle between her fingers, orange thread flowing through the small hole. She continued to show up the holes and cuts in her jacket.

It was silent in the room apart from her brother's regular breathing, and the occasional shuffles.

*-*

"Why do you do this?" She whispered in question, staring at the dark-haired boy in front of her, slightly tilting her head to the side and watching him fumble with a long white strip of fabric.

"Shut up, Tomato." The boy grunted, a frown on his face. He brought the fabric to her head and started rapping her forehead, making sure he got the injury bandaged up. "It would suck if you died, we wouldn't have anyone to bully them." He told, but the redness of his cheeks resembled a tomato more than Mina's red hair and round face.

She blinked her blue-violet eyes, surprised at his comment, but when she frowned, slightly baring her teeth in displeasure. "Well, if you're just gonna beat me up again after this, there's no reason for you to help me in the first place, ya know." She growled out, standing up abruptly, pushing the boy away at the same time.

The boy stayed crouched down, silently watching as the red-haired girl walked away. "Idiot," he muttered under his breath, "You can't take this treatment on by yourself." He stood up from his position, picking up the things he was using. "But you have your brother." He sighed, walking away from the scene of Mina grinning with her brother.

*-*

Mina clicked her tongue with irritation, watching silently as a small dot of blood formed at the tip of her finger. But only a small amount of pain was felt, nothing like she had experienced before, this small prickle felt like nothing compared to the other times.

Annoying, she thought silently, sticking the finger in her mouth and licking the blood away. She pushed the orange material onto her bed and slid off the bed, placing her bony legs on the wooden flooring, slightly surprised that they didn't break under her weight. But then again, she didn't even know how heavy she was.

She stumbled slightly, getting a wave of dizziness, but she managed to stay on her feet. "Mina?" The familiar, husky and obviously tired voice came from across the room. Mina froze on the spot, turning robotically to where Naruto's voice came from.

"It's alright Naruto, go back to sleep." The female Uzumaki whispered loud enough for him to hear. Hearing a few mumbles, she sighed quietly and continued to walk out of the room. A soft tap of her feet filling the silence of the room.

"Hey, Mina..." Her brother's mumble stopped her from going out of the room completely.

"Ya?" She popped her head back into the room, staring intently at the messy blonde haired boy. Her violet eyes widening a fraction noticing the intense stare she, herself was receiving. It was silent for a moment, then Naruto's voice broke it again.

In a stern, worried and tired voice he asked, "are you eating properly?"

The question threw her off, quickly glancing at her appearance. Cursing under her breath when she realised she was in a skin-tight tank top and shorts, and the noticeably unhealthy appearance of her physique.

"Yeah, I am!" A half-lie.

"You look...." The blue-eyed boy paused, scanning her appearance, well what he could see. "Way too skinny, ya know?"

"Huh?" She looked at herself again, making her point more believable, "You're tired Naruto, go back to sleep." Mina said in a more hushed tone, finally walking out of the door and closing it behind with a 'click'.