|24| Resolution

~~"Don't break anyone's heart, they only have one. Break their bones, they have 206." ~~

She smiled. A genuine, bright, loving smile. But she also felt the dried tears on her face, though she didn't care. Her small hand clasped into the larger, sturdy and collapsed hand of her brother. Her bright violet eyes, shone as they have never shone before.

Naruto blinked slowly, feeling the warmth radiating from his hand, and his energy was being restored. The fight against Mukade took quite a toll on his chakra and physical being, so he took a mental note that he should work harder to protect everyone, to protect her. But, oh, was the warmth of that person's hand soothing. He knew, that whoever it was, that they were transferring chakra into him, or at least healing his wounds.

Sakura? He thought as that was the only logical person who could be healing him. Furrowing his eyebrows as he blinked, opening his eyes to see blurry colours of blue and yellow. Sakura is pink, not yellow.

"Naru~"

That voice, familiar, soft and oh so annoying. He groaned. "Go away Mina, let me sleep more," he muttered in a groggy voice, turning to the side. But when he didn't feel the heat of his bed and the comfort of his pillow and blanket, it then clocked in his brain.

He shot up from his sleeping position, making sure that he held onto her hand, afraid she will disappear like last time.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned rubbing his head with his free hand, the other unconscious gripping Mina's tighter.

"Saving your ass from dying, that's what, you fool." She responded with irritation clear in her voice, but the smile on her face was still visible on her face.

Naruto noticed and scowled playfully, "you draw on my face or something? Your smiles creepy."

And the hit to his head came.

"HEY! I'm joking! You don't need to hit me that's hard, ya know- wait what are you doing? Put the knife down Mina!"

All traces of fear and dread was washed away when Naruto heard Mina's loud and obnoxious laugh. Peaking through his eyes, that were clenched shut, and slowly dropping his hand that was up in defence, he watched his sister in front of him. Though, confusion was clearly written on his face. That look on her face, the carefree, joyous and childlike look that was plastered on her face as she leaned back. Eyes shut, with the little bit of water pooling at the corner of her eyes, crinkled whiskers and that beautiful, genuine smile on her face. It has been so long, so long it hurt him to see it now.

"Sorry," Naruto whispered and somewhat regretted saying it so soon when Mina's laugh instantly stopped. "I didn't realise just how much you were suffering, I had been so busy with my own things that I-"

Mina listener to his fast pace rambling about being sorry for not being the great brother he used to be, about not being there, not having the connection they had, not looking after her, not protecting her, sorry about everything. And she couldn't help the annoyance she felt listening to it.

"Naruto," She said, her voice in a strange motherly tone, "stop being sorry for not knowing. I made it hard for people to see what was going on in here," she poked her head, "I didn't want them to worry." She softly smiled, grabbing his hand with both of hers, "with all that's happened, I lost my way."

They met eyes, violet blending in with blue, and Naruto could swear he hadn't seen that amount of determination in her eyes before. And she continued, a voice so clear, knowing and demanding, it brought his heart rate up, the fire inside of him brightening and becoming stronger.

"You know when we went back in time because of that crazy b@stard, I met someone who helped me."

"I met dad." Naruto blurted out after hearing what Mina said, "I mean it took me a while to realise who it was, bu-but I met dad..." All Mina could do was smile, she knew who their dad was, after meeting him that one time in her psyche, and it brought a small loving smile to her whiskered face. "I just wished you could meet him..."