|20|"Leave My Name Engraved into History!"

She was excited. Bouncing on her feet as she stared up at the large white building, she knew that one day she would attend the ninja academy and train to be a ninja, that thought alone was enough to excite her. A huge grin displayed on her face, squishing her eyes closed.

She held onto the plastic bag, turning on her heels, she started jogging down the dirt road, a sparkle in her eyes as she spotted the sunrise in the distance. Mina stopped for a moment, observing the mixture of colours in the sky, but continued to sprint down the road as soon as the reds and oranges turned to bright blues.

"Hey," she whispered, leaning forward to get closer to his face, "Naruto!" she eventually shouted, getting agitated that he wasn't responding to her callings.

The sudden burst of volume in her voice had the blonde shoot out of his dreams and into reality. Mina laughed, seeing his distressed form. With messed up bed hair, that only got worse as he rubbed his head in confusion. "Finally," she managed, giggles still escaping her throat, "'bout time you woke up."

"Mina," he groaned, now rubbing his tired eyes, chubby cheeks squishing as he chewed on nothing for a while, then in the same sleepy voice a five-year-old managed, he grumbled, "the sun's barely up, why do I have to wake up?"

"Because," the redhead sang, radiating energy early in the morning, "I got food!"

Naruto was no longer in confuse tiredness, instantly grinning, he dragged himself out of the small, almost broken bed. Already at the other side of the small room and looking into the plastic bag, "Ramen!" He screamed, ecstatic with a wider grin on his face and a glow shining on him.

Mina shushed him immediately, "be quiet!" She scolded in a whisper, glancing at the door nervously with a sudden wash on anxiety. She pressed her ear to the door, making sure there was no sound coming from outside of it; she then went back to talking to Naruto. "The old man wakes up really early, ya know?" She grinned, hopping onto the single bed, crossing her legs underneath her. "I managed to bribe him with my cuteness."

Naruto choked on the noodles.

"Oi!" Mina said, offended by her brother's reaction, "I'm adorable and you can't deny that, ya know."

"Yeah, as cute as the street rat we always have an issue with, ya know," Naruto deadpanned, looking at Mina with a doubtful expression.

"But he's hideous." Mina grimaced, leaning back at the thought of the furry animal they saw every day in the alleyway.

"I thought he was a she?"

"But it looks like a boy."

"Then what did I witness that day?" Naruto asked, blue eyes widening when remembering the horrifying sight. Mina only stared at her blonde brother with a face contorted in disgust, pulling her head back, inevitably making the other chins show up.

"It's probably a she then."

*-*

Her tongue slid across her bottom lip, eyes flickering across the area in concentration. Sweat dripped from her forehead, sliding to the tip of her chin before evaporating into the atmosphere. Mina's mouth was dry, begging for water, but none came as she took a hasty step back and lifted her katana in the air, swishing it in the air. Clangs of metal sounded in the dead of night as the blocked abundance of kunai failed to meet their target, some bouncing off, others sliding down the black blade, creating sparks.

"Boil release," She spoke, loud and clear, her voice echoing across the ROOT ANBU assembly room -the battle was moved out of that room and ended where they trained. " I never thought it was so fun to use, ya know!"