|19|Those Eyes.

She took a quiet and deep breath in, letting the chilling air cascade down her neck and into her lungs. Taking another steady step on the roof and staying in a crouch, knowing that her black cloak was like camouflage against the dark night. She peered over the ledge, looking down the tall building that ended up going below the surface, squinting her eye to get a better look at the meeting area used for the ROOT ANBU. Her jaw clenched unconsciously, already knowing what terrible things Danzo made kids do. Mina closed her eyes for a brief moment, concentrating on her surrounds. Testing to see if anyone was around her, sensing the area to find any chakra signature. There wasn't any.

With a satisfied smile, she leapt off the orange, tiled roof, letting her small frame fall into the depth of the ROOT headquarters, landing on a large, wooden beam. With a quiet tap of her ninja sandals on the wood, she stealthily moved her way down. Mina applied a small amount of chakra to her feet, making sure she stayed latched on to the red fence when she had jumped down.

A loud whistle pierced the dead of night, shocking the Uzumaki. She stayed as still as a statue, glancing around her, quickly as she stood in the wide open space of gathering area. Mina knew she shouldn't be standing in the open, in case anything were to happen, but it was the easiest way to travel around the building.

Realising that the loud whistle and howl that came after was only the wind, her nerves had calmed down a slight bit. She sprinted across the bridge, her arms flailing behind her, enabling her to sprint faster. She was at the end of the hall within a split-second.

Now standing at the end, curiously looking into the doorway. Nothing was seen further than about 5 meters, the little bit of light the moon provided faded into nothingness as she peered into the darkened hallway, not daring to take a step in yet.

She peeked backwards, looking to see if anything had changed since she had been there. If anyone was following her. Nothing she noticed. Mina hurriedly took steps into the doorway that lead to an unknown place. Her violet eyes adjusting to the darkness rather quickly, the shimmer of life in them seems to make them glow in the dark, the only thing visible in the blackness. Shadows casting over her face and the cloak making her invisible to the normal eye.

"Turn left, now." He spoke, calmness dripping from his voice.

She nodded only to feel stupid straight after, knowing that she may have looked crazy to others. But no one was able to see her as she followed his instructions. I thought you'd never talk to me again, she thought, knowing that the voice was listening.

"I can change my mind, can I not?" He asked right before he instructed her to turn right.

"You can," She whispered, stopping for a moment to check if anyone was near her. But I thought after what I said you'd never talk to me again.

"It's boring in being your sword. The others would always listen to what I have to say, thinking it was themselves," He explained, laughing, "You have to have some fun at times too. I hardly think you'd be able to sit still without any fun for thousands of years."

"Others?" Mina questioned. Her voice, a mutter. Choosing to question him on the 'thousands of years' later, hoping his explanation wouldn't rise up more questions.

He chuckled, "There, go through that door and you'll be where you're looking to be."

Mina stopped in front of a decent sized double door. The chipping off paint and the metal handle starting to rust, clearly leaving a metallic smell on her fingers as she pushed on it. With a loud scream from the door, Mina was standing in what would have been a large room if it wasn't for the multiple long tables with different things on that made the room look small.