The Reality of the Situation

Jax 

We walk into the lodge hand and hand not coming across her ex, the entire time me contemplating what she said. I had never noticed it but she was right, I never say her name always substituting it with some pet name my brain has concocted. Every once so often I have spoken the two syllable noun but for the most part I've avoided it because saying her name makes my feelings towards her so much more real, I'm acknowledging that she is a person and not some nameless piece of ass I can easily forget about in the morning.

I don't want to dwell on my feelings, I'm not ready to admit what I feel for her is more than just lust or an infatuation so I ignore the thoughts and keep walking with her by my side. Her hand is soft, well moisturized with the products she cleans and smooths her body with. The smell is contagious, one sniff sticking to you like an infectious disease. You can't shake it while it consumes and takes control of every part of you rendering you defenseless and weak. She consumes me, she makes me weak. 

We head off to our room. I've already had Noah check us in this morning and drop off our clothes since I couldn't take it with us with this being a surprise. We're on the elevator, the third floor button lights up with a ding and that's our cue to step off when the door opens.

"Thank you Jax. This was really nice of you. I'm glad we're here and it's just you and me." Reilly's glowing, there's a shimmer in her hypnotizing blue eyes looking up at me as we walk down the hall, her pure innocence seething into my soul.

"God you're beautiful." I stop to admire her beauty bringing my lips to hers, my hands to the sides of her face and start kissing her intensely. I can't understand how Kyle could so easily throw away such a delicate little flower but I'm thankful because now she's mine. I might not deserve her but I do more than he does and unlike him I appreciate what I have.

"Reilly?" A questioning voice calls out. We break away from our kiss, I take her hand, and the blonde pretty boy is standing next to us staring in a confused awe with his gaze focused on Reilly.

She looks over to Kyle and I can see the hurt beginning to seep through in her pained expression. She was happy a moment ago but in an instance that's changed because of this asshole. I want to punch him, beat his face in but I know that will only upset Reilly more so I contain my anger clenching my fists tightly in a ball.

"Where have you been? I've been trying to call you. I've stopped by your apartment, your work, I've been worried sick about you." He tells her after giving me a dirty glance pretending to be concerned for the woman he couldn't care enough for to respect. 

"I've..I've been busy taking some time off." She stutters squeezing my fingers with the simple lie. I know she's uncomfortable but what I don't know is if she really still wants to be with him and I don't like the empty pit in my stomach that's beginning to form from the thought. 

"Can we talk in private?" Kyle asks.

"She's with me now, fuck off." I let go of her hand and step in between the two of them giving him a look of death. I'll never let him take her away from me, I don't want to give him the chance to even try. 

"Jax it's okay." Reilly turns to me cupping my cheeks, meeting my eyes, letting me know that she'll be alright and that I shouldn't worry but I do anyways. She holds my heart now in a way no other woman ever has.

"Five minutes. I'll be in our room if you need me before then." I don't want to leave her but I need to respect her wishes. I know she's not going to run away, she needs this moment, she needs closure is what I have to tell myself to keep from losing my mind. I walk away and enter our room which is right next to where we are standing.

The walls are thin and I can hear their conversation not able to ignore listening in.

"I still love you. I'm so sorry for what I've done to you. I swear if you just give me one more chance I'll never hurt you again. I know I've been stupid, being without you, knowing that I might have really lost you for good this time, it's been a wake up call. I can see that now." Pretty boy begs.

"I saw you walking in the lodge earlier, You're here with some other girl. You don't want me, you haven't changed a bit."

"I don't care about her, she's not you baby. I know that thug you're here with can't mean anything to you."

"Seeing you now has been my own awaking. It's over and Jax isn't a thug, he would never hurt me. I'm with him now, I love him." Did she just say she loves me?

Something comes over me when I hear her speak those words. I need to touch her, kiss her, hold her in my arms. I'm weak, my heart's pounding against my chest, I want her more than I've ever wanted her before. I've never been in love but I have a funny notion that this is what it feels like to care so intimately for another. I don't know if she really means what she said but it makes me realize I'm in love with her.

I barge out of the room picking her up with her legs straddled around my waist, her arms wrapped around neck. I push her back up against the wall and attack her mouth kissing her vehemently like a ravenous beast. Reilly is lost in my mouth, I'm lost in hers, nothing exists anymore, it's only me and her.

I hear douchebag sneer behind us walking away. We ignore his snideness, continuing our public display of affection for anybody who passes to see.

"Bedroom. Now." Reilly asserts, I have no arguments to the sentiment. I back us away from the wall and carry us off to the room, shut the door behind us, and strip away her clothes.