Needing Him, Fearing Him

Reilly POV

"Jax!" I scream at the top of my lungs trying to push pass Noah, my hands shoving against his chest, "I'm in here." Noah wasn't too happy giving me a disgruntled look of disapproval with a reddening flare crossing his face as I cried out to the man I obviously wanted to be with, the man who wasn't him.

Attempting to get to the bedroom door I step forward but Noah takes hold of my waist pulling my back to his chest, his body barely budging from my force.

Noah quickly places a hand over my mouth from behind. "Reilly I told you he's no good for you now be quiet and I'll get rid of him," he says in a forceful tone in an attempt to have me comply without resilience.

I bite down on Noah's hand elbowing him in the stomach, jerking away not letting his aggressive warning phase me. "Ouch, what the fuck?!" Noah whimpers out as I use the opportunity to get to the door and get to Jax. I'm scared of Noah but worse I'm scared for Jax. I know Noah had planned not to hurt anyone but with Jax now here all rationality has gone out the window.

I get to the door and like I thought it's locked, "Jax I can't get it open," I cry frantically trying to pry it open before Noah can recover and try to stop me. It's useless, the door securely bolted, me becoming optimistic with each passing second.

"Stand back!" Jax yells and quickly I follow his instructions desperate to have him free me from Noah's prison.

Moving aside, I leave a clear open space in front of the doorway with Noah feet away hunching over in pain. Within that brief moment the door comes flying open, pieces of wood splitting from the wall as Jax breaks his way in, in a fit of fury.

His eyes are squinted, his fists balled, fumes of rage steaming off of him as he charges over to Noah. It's apparent that it's not Jax I need to worry about but Noah that I have to fear the worse for.

Jax reaches down gripping Noah by his shirt pulling Noah to his feet and begins slugging him in the face until Jaxes knuckles fill with blood and Noah begins to fall out of consciousness. I watch in horror while one powerful blow follows another until I can no longer bare seeing the abuse.

I don't know who's blood it is, Jax's? Noah's? Maybe a mix of both of theirs? I'm filled with worry, consumed by fear not wanting to see either man end up dead. Jax is the more dominant, he always has been proving that easily at the moment. I know what Noah has done is wrong but I also know Jax will kill Noah so I intervene.

With Noah down on the floor I jump in between grabbing Jax's hand, halting the next onward thrust of his fist to Noah's red bruising face. "Please just stop!" I scream, tears swelling into my eyes. "Please," I beg one more time while Jax's satanic eyes begin to lighten, the animosity he holds towards Noah slowly dissipating when he witnesses my emotional state letting it sink in that this is all too much for me.

Jax doesn't speak, a sigh of relief escapes his mouth as he takes me in his arms finally leaving Noah to be in his battered condition. I find myself also finding relief being soundly held in Jax's strong thick arms. His tight hold firmly gripping in assurance letting me know I'm safe, that I'm loved, that he'll always be there to protect me like he always does.

I look to Noah then to Jax. Taking Jax's face in my hands I stare deep into his eyes, "I know there's no excuse for what Noah's done but we can't leave him like this. He's not some heartless monster like Connor, he's just mixed up." Jax isn't going to be happy with what I've just said, that I hold compassion towards Noah but Jax will want to leave Noah, let him bleed to death and I can't do that. Noah like Jax has made mistakes, I still believe he holds good in him, I believe both men do.

"What are you fucking nuts Reilly? He just kidnapped you, tried to take you away from me and you want to help him?" Jax huffs, releasing me from his arms to look down at me with his expression darkening once more. He doesn't get it. He doesn't understand that Noah's just been lost and needed someone to open up his eyes.

"And you're so innocent Jackson? You haven't made mistakes before or kidnapped me either?" I remind him throwing my hands to the sides of my hips standing my ground. I also haven't forgotten what Noah has said earlier about Jax's father but I brush it aside for now more concerned with our current situation.

With a sneer Jax begins to enter the main room of the house as I go to assist Noah, helping him to his feet, escorting him to the bed. Jax is pissed but he knows I'm right and doesn't hold a valid argument to what I've just said leaving it alone.

I tend to Noah's wounds, he's too weak to be any threat, too weak to help himself. Jax stays seated on the sofa in the other room in anger, impatiently waiting for me. When I feel Noah no longer needs my attention I will deal with Jax, we have a lot to talk about, what happens next, what happens to Noah and what happened to his father? Jax's violent side has been too prominent for me to ignore any longer. I can't keep making excuses for Jax, I need to know everything before we can move further. His physical aggression towards Noah along with learning he beat his father to death has me questioning how dangerous he truly is and can I trust him to be able to control his violent nature if I am to remain in his life.