What????

Reilly

We're pulling up to the cabin, one of the extra cars the guys already had up here when we arrived is missing along with the other SUV. That means either one or none of them are here out of Noah, DC, and Connor. If someone is at the cabin I'm praying it's anyone but Connor. I know the confrontation is inevitable but I'm afraid. Part of me wishes I had never told him. I just want to pretend the incident never happened and go on with my life with Jax.

"Stay in the car. If Connor is inside things are going to get ugly. I don't want you around for that. I love you." Jax unhooks his seatbelt leaning over to my side, taking my cheek he kisses me on my lips one last time before he gets ready to go inside.

I prolong the caress of our mouths joining, I don't want to break free. His lips, his tongue, the feel of his hand cupping my face, it all courses through my body filling me with a tangible warmth that I never want to end because for all I know this might be the last time I ever get to feel any of it.

He slowly pulls away, his fingers softly grazing back from my skin until no part of him is touching me any longer. I sadden with a frown grabbing one of his hands, "Maybe there's some other way. I'm afraid Connor might hurt you, kill you. Please don't do this. I love you Jax." I beg irrationally with my fears escalating gripping him firmly in my grasp.

"Reilly, I have to do this. I'm leaving the keys in the ignition. If I'm gone too long or if you see Connor come out before me than I need you to leave, go somewhere safe and wait for my call. If you get worried and don't hear from me then call Carter. He'll take care of you. There's a cell in the glove box with his number saved." He says it so earnestly, pulling away his hand he shuts the door walking towards the cabin.

I watch in terror as he enters the front while I throw a leg over the middle console hopping into the driver's side in preparation for the worse. I end up banging my knee on the dash with a sharp shooting pain surging through only making this day shittier than it already is. Luckily after a minute or two the hurt subsides unlike the hurt in my chest that won't stop throbbing. My mind is filled with racing thoughts, terrors rambling in confusion and fear. Connor's not only a monster, he's someone who would fight dirty, the man has no honor or loyalty.

I decide to check out the glove box and get the phone Jax was talking about. I'm sure Noah's number has to be in there too. I'm tempted to try to call him to see where he is. If he's not in the cabin then I'm about to beg him to get back here and attempt to stop Jax, he's the only one physically and mentally capable of conquering the task. Instead of just finding the phone there's a gun sitting besides it. I assume Jax didn't tell me about because he thinks I don't know how to use it but I do.

I remove the gun and get out of the truck after I shut off the ignition leaving the keys in. I love Jax enough that I'm willing to die for him like he is for me. He hasn't been gone that long but it's too long for me to just sit by and do nothing.

With the gun positioned to fire aiming it in the air, I hold it tightly in my hand making way through the front door with caution. I turn the handle of the door with care, pushing it open slowly trying not to make a sound tip toeing in so the floor boards don't creek. Not seeing anyone I proceed in a few steps further, readying myself to kill Connor if need be.

"Reilly!" Jax yells out exiting from Connor's bedroom. I jump startled from his cogent voice, almost firing but flinch when I see it's Jax, stopping my finger from pulling the trigger. His muscles are flexing through the fabrics of his shirt, his breath heaving in shock and relief. "What the fuck are you doing?" He's upset yet relieved.

"I was worried. Is Connor here?" My eyes travel back and forth around the room scoping the area, bringing the gun down to my side. I don't see any signs of a struggle, I don't see anyone but Jax which hopefully means everything is alright.

"Didn't I tell you to stay in the truck? And give me that gun. You did fine skiing but seeing you on the snowboard makes me think you'll end up shooting your tits off." He moves in closer to me reaching out taking hold of the piece, shoving it in the back of his jeans.

His comment makes me forget about Connor for the time being, "Hey, I'm not that bad. Besides, I wasn't really trying. I was trying to get you to go in so we could take a shower together." Defensively I retort in a playful banter pouting my lips.

Jax takes me by the waist bringing me into him, feathering my hair behind my shoulder with his fingers. He dubiously smirks capturing my lips in his so that all our problems diminish letting ourselves get caught up in a kiss.

My tongue dances with his, our bodies embraced, I'm ready for him to sweep me off my feet and carry me off to the bedroom and then I remember. I lift my arms up, pressing my hands against his solid chest, pushing him back ever so lightly with my brows raising, "Connor's not dead in his room right now is he?"

"No, no one's here." Jax suddenly gets serious, his voice deepening in a low vocal, "We should go in our room so when he does show up you're safe."

He takes my hand ready to lead me away but then someone comes entering through the front door so instead Jax steps in front of me pushing me behind him with one hand.

Noah strides in shutting the door behind him having me presume he is alone, "Where's Connor and DC?" Jax questions immediately before Noah can even take a breath. His ink black hair is tousled, there's a cut on his lip. Noah looks like he just came from a fight with evidence of bruising forming on his jaw.

"DC had to run into town and do a job for Carter and Connor's dead. I killed him." Noah says nonchalantly with a straight face that holds an empty glare.

Okay so I said updates on Sunday but I got this done early and if I can I'll get another one up tomorrow. Please remember to Vote, Comment, Vote, Comment, Vote! Cruel. update tomorrow!!!

Did anyone see this one coming??? I hope not. I love trying to stump everyone with an unexpected twist.