Who to Kill

Jax

Every time he's looked at her, every time he's been alone in a room with her, Noah has been quietly waiting like a prowler to make his move. I could see it in his eyes, his movements, the want, the desire he bears for Reilly.

I let Reilly believe I'm past it, that I'm not angry or hurt but I am. Noah out of everyone in my crew is the one I've trusted the most. The one who I thought of like a brother, giving him more respect than my own blood. He's betrayed me by keeping secrets, by pining after my woman in silence and I can't easily forget that.

Partially I can sympathize, I can understand why he's done what he has. Reilly's unique, perfect, she has a quality about her that makes her irresistible. She makes you fall in love with her without even trying. I should know better than anyone because it's happened to me. That's why I'll let him live, that's if he survives the beating I'm going to give him.

"You almost ready baby?" I come up behind Reilly wrapping my arms around her, kissing the nape of her neck while she stands hunched over the bed packing her bag. Our short getaway is over and it's time to check out, it's time see Noah.

"Yup, almost done." She stops what's she's doing to turn around. She takes her hands to the back of my hair raking her fingers through, bringing her lips to mine. "I love you. I'm really glad we did this."

"I'm glad we did too." I hoist her up around me turning us around so that my back is to the edge of the mattress. I sit taking her down with me straddling Reilly along my lap and ravage her with uncontrollable kisses.

Reilly moans into my mouth with my hands moving up and down her back putting pressure, massaging her over top of the confines of her shirt. I want to remove her clothes, take her again and again but we're suppose to be leaving and another storm is on the way.

"Fuck, I want you so bad," I growl between kisses. My erection is growing, my cock resonating against my jeans. She has a way of setting off blazing infernos inside of me only she can extinguish. I don't know how I thought I could live without love because now I don't know how I ever lived without it.

"Jax," she breaks away from my lips looking directly at me, "I wish we could continue this but we're checking out today plus there's the weather to consider. I don't want to get snowed in with a bunch of strangers."

Something comes over me, my mind starts thinking negatively, I say and do something stupid next. I lift Reilly off of me sitting her back on the bed, standing up hovering above her angrily, "Or you miss Noah so you want to get back to him?"

Reilly shoots up off of the bed to meet my gaze, fire in her eyes, steam practically flying out of her ears, "You're a dick. If I had somewhere to go and a way to get there I'd walk out on your ass."

"Here, why don't you call Noah? I'm sure he'll pick you up and find somewhere you two can go." I walk over to the dresser where my phone is sitting, grab it and offer it to Reilly extending out my arm. I shouldn't be acting this way, it's childish, immature but I'm jealous, I'm mad, I'm letting the fact I know Reilly is too good for me bother me once more. I made it through the weekend biting my tongue containing it, now my temper is getting the best of me, that with the fear she'll realize Noah is the better man and pick him over me.

"Why do you have to be like this, so jealous, so angry? If there's anybody you should hate it should be Connor after what he did to me." Her irate expression changes to alarm. She's said something she didn't want me know and in an instance now it's Connor I want to kill instead.

"What did he do to you?" I grab her arm abrasively, questioning her with a stern heated stare. I knew Reilly didn't like Connor, that she was scared of him and made sure she was never left alone when he was around but I thought it was because he was an asshole. I hadn't realized he had done something. How could I have been so dumb to never have asked? My fear of Reilly leaving me for Noah is non-existent, replaced by the fear of what Connor might have done.

"He..he came into the bedroom one time when you were outside shoveling snow. I was sleeping and I thought he was you. He got in the bed threatening me, he said eventually he would have his turn with me." Reilly stutters recalling the horrible experience, her body trembling underneath my hand.

"Did he touch you, did he hurt you?" My eyes are like saucers pulling her into my embrace holding her tight, never wanting to let go. How the fuck could I have let this happen?

"He only touched me for a second, he didn't hurt me." She's crying into my chest, I can feel her heart pounding. She's a mess and it's all my fault.

I squeeze her tighter, bringing her as close to me as I can, "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you and I let my jealousy over Noah get in between us. I'll take care of Connor for good once we get back."

"Please Jax, don't do anything. I don't want any trouble. Maybe we should stay here a little longer." Reilly looks up, her eyes are puffy, sadness fills her face.

"Connors dangerous, stupid, I just never thought he was stupid enough to try something with you. Something has to be done, you know that." I really am going to kill him.

"Can we please stay here a little longer? You're angry and mad, you're not thinking straight. This way you can have time to cool down and we can figure out a rational way to handle the situation." She's taken my face in her hands, her pure innocence, her kindness seething out with her words looking at me in concern.

"Yea, we'll stay a few more days." It doesn't matter if it's three hours or three days from now, my mind is set, Connor's a dead man. I only agree because I know it will make her feel better, it'll make her happy, I do it because I love her and this way I get to spend more time with her alone before I murder a man.