Something's Not Right

A/N I just returned back to work last week after being out for months on an injury. My job is very physical and after 7 months of watching Netflix in the AC, work has kicked my ass causing me to spend most of my weekend in recovery. I wanted to get a chapter up like promised but this is completely unedited so when I get a chance I will go back and fix this. Thanks for all the support, follows, votes, reads and comments!!!

Reilly

"What do you mean Connor's dead and you killed him?" Jax furrows his brows stunned by what Noah has said taking my hand. He pulls me close to him while Noah slips out of his gloves and coat placing them in the closet.

Noah walks over to the kitchen opening up the refrigerator removing a beer. Twisting off the cap he tosses it in the trash can walking over to the couch until he is comfortably reclining in a seat taking a sip. Bringing the bottle down from his lips he finally answers with a carefree response, "We were at the lodge skiing. We got to the bottom of the slope and the crazy fucker came at me with a knife. He just lost it for no reason. I think he was planning to kill me, kill all of us, take our money, and run. You know how nuts he was so I ended up killing him first and got rid of his body," unphased by the fact that he has just murdered a man, a fucked up man but still a human life.  I don't understand how he can easily just disregard the violent action like nothings happened. Noah's not the type to show no emotion when something so dramatic has occurred. 

I look over to Jax's face to see his expression, to see if he feels it too. Everything Noah is saying makes sense but something seems off. It isn't something that is said so much as it's more of something sensed and from what I can see, Jax also shares the same gut instinct as his lips twitch in a peculiar motion. 

"Connor deserved to die. If you hadn't killed him I would have. I found out he was planning to come after Reilly. I guess he had all kinds of hidden agendas he was plotting." Jax plays along changing his expression not mentioning there's something odd about this entire ordeal. Taking me along with him, he moves us to the leather recliner pulling me down on his lap. His arms situating around my waist making sure I'm consistently close to him after we get our winter gear off.

I curl one arm around his neck resting my head between his shoulder just before his collarbone. I know he's being protective, taking care of me, that's what he does and it makes me want to be as close to him as possible, physically and emotionally. He doesn't fully trust Noah at the moment and neither do I.

Noah lost my trust a long time ago when he deceived me to get information on Lee's money. I know he cares for me, he's developed feelings for me somewhere along the lines and no matter what he's always been kind but like all of these men, he holds his own mystery. I don't think Noah's a bad person or capable of the deceit and evil Connor was capable of. I just think there is a part of him he chooses not to share.

Noah relaxes his legs on the coffee table, crossing them at his ankles getting ready to take another sip of his beer, " I spoke to John on the way back from the resort. He asked me to speak to you. Said him and Carter could also use your help with a job, said DC wasn't enough. It will only be a couple of hours if you could go right away. Don't you owe Carter one for him helping you make peace with Campos?"

"Yea sure. Watch over Reilly for me." Jax turns to look at me, before he can speak I talk. I know he knows Noah would never hurt me but I don't understand why he is so easily willing to leave the two us alone when Noah's obviously up to something.

"I don't want you to leave Jax. I don't care what it is you owe to this Carter guy. It was only minutes ago you had me worried sick that you were going to go at it with Connor and now that I'm finally finding some relief you want to run out the door and leave me when we just got back." I'm cupping his face in my hands with pleading eyes. "Besides, there's things I want to talk to you about that's important." I don't want to be by myself with Noah and with Connor finally out of the picture I've had other issues crossing my mind like what happens once we leave the cabin. I have no clue what the future holds for me and Jax and I'm becoming more and more curious with the knowledge that we most likely aren't staying at this cabin forever.

Jax begins to rub my thigh back and forth under his massive fingers, the feel soothing and warm, comforting. I want him to continue massaging me, move his hands until he's covered every inch of my body with them. Still cupping his handsome face not caring that Noah can hear me, "Make love to me Jax. I need you now." I tell him earnestly, bringing one hand to his hair, running my fingers through the silky layers.

"I will....when I get back. I owe Carter my life. I need to go into town for a few hours. You need to understand that." He places a gentle kiss alongside my cheek sliding out from underneath me. Slipping back into his jacket and gloves he looks over to Noah.

"Remember, watch over her, keep her safe while I'm gone." Jax ardently instructs Noah before walking out the door.

"Sure thing boss," Noah smiles a suspicious grin nodding a yes, gesturing his fingers in the air with a little flip confirming his answer.

Once we hear Jax start up the car pulling away Noah stands heading back towards the kitchen, "Reilly, want me to grab you a beer while I'm up?" he offers.

"Sure," I agree leaning down for the television remote. I might as well watch a movie while Jax is out since I'm clueless as to what Noah is exactly up to.

"So what are we watching?" Noah hands me my drink returning to his spot on the sofa.

"Better question, what are you up to? You've just killed Connor and you're acting strange." I hold nothing back as I go to take a sip of the alcoholic beverage. I'm too curious unable to ignore the awkwardness any longer.

"What are you talking about?" Noah tosses his head back chuckling with a wicked laugh. He knows exactly what I'm talking about barely trying to conceal it.

"Stop playing coy Noah, it's written all over your face. You're acting really weird." I confront him finding myself having to bring a hand to my face. Suddenly I feel strange, faint, my eyes starting to flutter in and out.

"You okay there Reilly?" He questions scooting himself down the cushions so he's closer to me with a look of worry that seems insincere.

"I...I...," I don't complete my sentence. Pretty sure I've been drugged I pass out.