Chapter Eleven: The Great Pretender

That night, I was still thinking about what Cedric told me earlier.. Salazar Slytherin was Medusa's One true love? It seems impossible and I don't know where he got that.. He said he feels that it's a very vital part of our investigation though he don't know why.

Cedric told me that's all he knows but it somewhat fits.. I kept thinking about how possible it is. How it can connect one thing to another. And how was Draco the Heir? He has no relation with the Dark Lord that I know of. I twisted and turned before finally fell asleep.

The next morning, as I was walking towards the Great Hall, Cedric approached me subtly. He turned his head to the direction of the coming slytherins and mouthed "Tell him." 

I eyed Draco walking with his usual companions just like nothing was wrong. He looked at our direction before heading to the opposite one. I glanced at Cedric and shook my head before mouthing back "No."

I walked to our table and sat between Ginny and Lavander. Ginny turned towards me excitedly and exclaimed "Hey, I haven't seen you around lately. What's up? The word around is that you've been hanging around with Diggory. Is it true? "

I raised an eyebrow and can't help but laugh "I know what you're getting into, Gin. But no, we're just friends..." I looked at the hufflepuffs' table before finishing "Sort of."

She giggled like mad and said "She likes muggle-borns and smart girls don't you think? First Hermione. Now you!"

I swatted her playfully before turning serious "Speaking of Hermione. How are they? Any news?"

Her face fell as she shook her head. "No nothing..Mum is so down right now, she's in distress. Same with Fleur."

I put an arm around her shoulder and said "It's going to be alright. It will be over soon. Promise."

~~~~~~~~~~""""""""""~~~~~~~~~~~

During potions, which we were taking with the slytherins, I glanced nervously at Draco.

~Should I tell him? But he's such an ungrateful git!~

"Okay, everyone pair up. I want each slytherin boy pair up with a gryffindor girl or vice versa. NOW." Professor Snape said.

Everybody began shifting around. I just sat there, dumbstruck. Professor never liked the idea of the Slyths interacting with us Gryffs. I tried to figure out what he's up to but my thought were interrupted by Malfoy as he walked up to me.

"Hey, don't you have any plan on moving?" He said, not really looking at me.

"I..I.." I stammered.

He quickly pulled me up and LITERALLY dragged me to his place. "Sit." He ordered, motioning to the empty chair.

I was so surprised that I did as I was told and he sat beside another empty chair. Professor was droning on his lesson and what we were supposed to do.

"So.. Renee.." Draco started.

"Hush, Malfoy! I'm trying to listen here!"

He slipped me a piece of paper and said "That's what we're going to do. Now can I have your ears?"

I glanced at the note and looked up at our teacher. He was saying the exact things written on the slip. Draco has faced his chair to me now too but the Potions teacher doesn't seem to see anything.

I glared at Draco before saying "You talked him into doing this don't you?"

"Listen. I don't know what else to do to get you to talk to me." He said.

"What's there to talk about?"

"You know what!" He hissed.

My jaw dropped at the way he was acting. "Bloody Hell! If you really think this will make me help you, My, you got the wrong side of it Malfoy."

"I'm sorry. I just.. " He looked around and whispered "I'm desperate here!"

"I'm desperate to get rid of you too!" I whispered back before straightening up and raising my hand. After Professor acknowledged me, I said glaring at Draco "Professor, he said he doesn't 'need' my assistance anymore. Perhaps we can just do things individually." Then I stood up and returned to my place before starting to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"""""""""""""""~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Renee! Come here NOW!"

Potions was just over and I just stepped out of the room when I heard someone called out. I rolled my eyes and broke into a run. I'm pretty sure it was Malfoy. But just to make sure, I looked over my shoulder when suddenly..

BAM!!

I hit someone. I fell on the floor. HARD. I rubbed my aching head as I stood up. I looked up and my eyes widened when I saw who it was.

"I..I'm so sorry Professor ..I .. I didn't mean too.." I stammered. Draco has already reached me and has already helped me to my feet.

The headmaster smiled a little and said "It's alright, Miss Sparks. But may I just ask, who are you running away from?"

"I ermm.. Uhh.." I stammered, still stunned at that moment.

Out of nowhere, Draco laced his fingers through mine and pulled me in closer to him. "I am to be blamed Professor. I guess we shouldn't be playing around inside the school area. That was inconsiderate of us, right sweetie?" Then he smiled cheekily at me.

My eyes went as round as saucers, realizing everything. I tried to break free from him but he hugged me tighter "Right, Sweetie?"

~BLOODY HELL! DRACO MALFOY, CURSE YOU! What are you doing?!!~

As much as I wanted to protest, I nodded weakly and managed an apology. "Uhm.. yeah.. I'm sorry professor."

People were crowding around now. I held my breath when I saw tons of familiar faces on the crowd but my heart fell when I caught a glimpse of Cedric before he disappeared into the wave of on-lookers.

The headmaster let out a hearty chuckle before patting Draco in the head "My, I never thought the possibility for you boy. But I must say, both of you look well together."

"Thank you Professor." Draco said, still not letting go of me.

I was out of words. It was too unbearable that I wanted to vomit. But I just stood there, mortified at the moment.

"Oh.. It seems like Miss Sparks is uncomfortable. Forgive my old self dear. I rarely see young true love around. Considering Harry and Miss Granger are still on the Hospital wing. Speaking of them, excuse me but I need to go." He smiled at both of us before walking away.

After Professor Dumbledore was nowhere in sight, I finally gotten back to myself again. I realized he was still clinging unto me and everyone has surprised looks on their faces. My face grew red hot and before deciding against it, I stomped on Draco's foot, digging my heel into his skin. He let out a shriek and he jumped on his other good foot thus letting me go.

I turned to face him, still steaming mad "Bloody Hell Draco Malfoy! You shall not get away with this!!"

I stomped on his good foot before storming away, in search for Cedric. I just feel I owe him an explanation.