Chapter Seventeen: The Tale in the Past

I sat there, waiting for death to claim me. But it didn't came. Instead a raspy voice came out of Medusa.

"No last words? I don't like that...Give in before I kill this little boyfriend of yours!"

I shifted to the right slightly and heard a very faint crunching noise. Oh My Gosh. I completely forgot it was there!

~If I were to die tonight, I want to know everything first..~

"Okay then, I'll give my 'last' words. Before you claim my life, would you bother explaining this to me first?" I said, pulling the book page out of my pocket.

She looked surprised as she snapped her fingers and instantly, the piece of paper flew into her hands. She read it with furrowed brows (I don't know how she read it without eyes, creepy.. But I think it's the snakes..). I also noticed that the orb has disappeared.

After what seemed like hours, she glared at me and burned the paper to a crisp.

"Doing a little research about me, aren't you?" She hissed as she inched her face close to me. "Very well, I shall tell you my story for you will die before the sun rises." Then she made a grab for my wrist. Before I knew it, I was holding my right palm in pain and I watched with wide eyes as the venom from one of her snakes slowly pulsated through my veins. There was a fang mark on my palm which throbbed horribly, like it was going to explode any minute.

She laughed out evilly before stating her story. "It began a long time ago.. Thousands of years have already passed but I remember everything clearly in my head. I lived in a small country where we worship deities and goddesses. The patron of the place where I settled was Athena. The Goddess of wisdom. She has this power and knowledge but lacks of one thing. One thing that I have. 

I was once so young and so pretty. I was so beautiful that lines and lines of suitors came just to see me. Some brought gifts. Some were wealthy princes or even kings! They seek one and only one thing: My hand in marriage. I took their little presents warmly before swatting them away like a fly. I couldn't give myself up to someone like them. I was waiting for someone who can provide me the only thing I desire: Eternal Life.

Days of waiting turned into weeks into months then into years. Plenty of noble gentlemen still came to see my beauty but I still denied them myself, knowing that one day, someone will come and give me what I wanted. After years and years of fruitless waiting, two young gents happened to dropped by our city, visiting an old friend perhaps. They were charming, oh yes indeed. But there was something else about them that caught my eye. Their wizarding powers.

I tried to befriend them, tried to get their attention. I was eyeing this one with a tall and very masculine figure. He gave off an aura of power and integrity. Later did I know that his name was Godric. Godric Gryffindor. The other one was quite different. He might look weak but he was cunning and very sneaky. He uses his brains and strategizes before moving. He was always quite loony to me but he was the one who was completely fallen under my beauty. His name? Salazar Slytherin.

Little did I know that our little goddess was also giving attention to my lover. At first she shrugged it off because she believed that sooner or later, I will just send him away. But no, I kept him for myself. I would've much preferred Godric but he was already smitten with, surprise surprise, our goddess Athena. It was a funny cycle, the four of us. Godric was longing for Athena's wisdom while she reaches out to Salazar's unique and mysterious personality but then he was all over me and my beauty while I continued to admire Godric.

When I figured out I have no chance with this brave lion, I decided to forget about him. Besides, I never longed for love. All I wanted was to live eternally with my beauty so I ran away with this cunning snake. Athena was furious when she figured this out. She made her lover go and search for us. We were hidden deep in the forest when Godric found us. He was mad at me for bringing her so-called angel such pain but more of that, he was furious with his best friend. On how he can abandon him and ran away with me just like that. I had fun watching them fight and argue. Their quarrel ended up in a wand fight. It was a good show. Very interesting. But alas! The fate was cruel, Godric won and almost ended up killing his ex-best friend. I waited patiently for Athena to interfere, knowing she'll come around sooner or later.

I was not kept waiting. Just a few seconds before he finishes Salazar, the Goddess arrived sending Godric away, heartbroken. She asked Slytherin to come and join her with everlasting life. For one moment, I thought he'll come but lucky me, he pushed her away as he wrapped his arms around me saying that he'll stay with me no matter what.

The goddess was enraged!! She cursed me and I turned into THIS!! This monster who no one can ever take to look at! And she also declared that our first child would turn out to be a monster like me. That one I didn't think about at all. I know in myself that I will never never have a child with this man. The only thing that was good about that was when she cursed me, she gave me something that I later on figured out that Slytherin cannot give me. The eternal life I wanted.

Both of us fled and he tried to reconcile with his old friend. But he was sent away. Saying that he was a traitor. He left the school that the two of them, together with a pair of ladies, were building up. But not before creating a hidden chamber where I can live in peace. He treated me like a queen. But this one has a consequence that I had to face. I never thought it was possible but...but I became a mother. I have almost forgot about the curse until that day. That day I gave birth to a monster. He was as sly as his father but he had my eyes. Literally. He became a legend. He was someone who everyone was terrified. I never thought about feeling that way but I was happy. One thing happened though, I died giving birth but as I was immortal, I was just banished to Tartarus. I waited impatiently for thousand more years so I can come back. And when I finally did, not a few months ago, I learned that my beloved son was gone and so was Salazar and Godric. Now, I seek for revenge. And I shall continue doing so." She finished.