Chapter Two: Re-opening of the Chamber

"Aguamenti!!!"

I turned around just in time to get hit by an enormous jet of water in the face, soaking me wet. 

"UGH! Draco Malfoy. Will you just shut up and grow up?" I snapped, trying to salvage any remaining dry things from my bag.

"Draco Malfoy, Will you just shut up and grow up.?" He mimicked in a very NON-ME way. I gave him a disgusted look and turned around only to slip and land on my face. Malfoy, together with his 'side-kicks' Crabbe and Goyle, burst out laughing.

I felt my face heat up but I just lay there motionless until I felt someone grab my shoulders and helped me stand up.

"You okay?" Cedric asked, worried.

I felt like I was hit by a tongue-tying curse. I stood there, frozen and afraid that I might make a fool out of myself. I'm sure I was redder than an apple. With the corner of my eye, I saw Malfoy gritting his teeth as he sent another spell on our way.

"Furnun-" Draco started but he failed to finish as he was hit by another spell stopped by professor McGonagall.

"Malfoy! What are you doing? Fifteen points from Slytherin. You kids.." She said before dragging Malfoy away. It looks like she's in distress.

I glanced up to Cedric "What's wrong?" 

He gave me a worried look "Haven't you heard?"

"About what?" I asked, curious.

"It has been opened. For the second time." He said gravely.

"Cedric. Could you explain it to me? I can't understand what you're saying." I said, totally confused.

"The Chamber of secrets. Remember during second year? The time when Harry battled the basilisk?" He told me.

I gasped and gulped. "B-but if it has been opened.. What will happen? I mean.. Harry defeated the basilisk already, right? It's dead. And so is He-Who-Must-not-be-named. Who could've opened it?"

"That's the question. Who is the OTHER heir of Slytherin. Besides Tom Riddle." 

"How did you guys know it has been opened?" 

"A ghost said she saw the sink move. Her name was Myrtle? Yeah.. Then after that there was this writing on the wall again. It was like second year all over. Everyone's freaking out. Because the heir has specific targets." He said as he look at me like he was thinking how I'll die. And that moment I knew I was in trouble. I knew who the targets were before he even said it.

"Muggle-borns.." He told me gravely.