Chapter Fifteen: Memory

Sitting in constant darkness, I glanced at Draco, actually glared before saying "What's wrong with your foot now?"

"Nothing important. I can manage." He said. Then he tried to stand up but his foot failed him. He ended up sprawling on the ground.

I shook my head and sat beside him. "Let me see." I said reaching over for his foot.

"No. I don't need you to." He said.

But grabbed it and put it on my lap. Feeling his ankle with my hands, I can notice it was swollen. "Bad fall, I guess?"

He nodded slightly before looking on the other direction. I pulled out my wand and pointed at his swollen ankle "This will be easy.. Episkey!"

There was a quick sound of crunching bones and I swear I saw Malfoy wince. I glanced at him before putting his foot down. "Try to walk."

"I don't want to."

"Why are you so stubborn? I said stand up."

When he didn't move an inch, I stood up and tried pull him to standing position. I never could've guessed he weighs this much because no matter how hard I pulled, he didn't budge. I was close to letting go when he finally gave in and stood up but at that moment, I was still pulling and the force made him topple over me.

I looked at him with wide eyes. I was holding my breath. Wanting to get over this. Wanting him to get over me, literally. His body was pressed against mine and before I knew it, so was our lips. I closed my eyes and let the feeling of his soft lips envelop me. He pulled me into standing position and pinned me against the wall without letting go. When caressed my cheeks, my eyes flew wide open and I pushed him away from me. Then without realizing it, I slapped him in the face with my trembling hands. Tears were welling up in my eyes.

"H-How dare you.." I said , almost inaudible.

Like just realizing what happened, he tried to reach over me, saying "Renee, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

But I pointed my wand at him thinking how I felt ...I felt conscious of myself. And I never felt conscious. I glared at him and muttered "Flipendo!"

I watched as he was thrown backwards, with wide eyes. He landed to the place where he was sitting a while ago before it happened.

I pointed my wand against him for the second time. Thinking of how much I wanted him to forget. How much I would not be able to face him again. Knowing that he can use it against me. My voice was wavering when I tried to erase his memory. "Oblivia-"

But before I can finish, he stopped me. "Please. Stop. Kill me. Kill me now. But I want to die with the memory of this night. Of what happened. Don't banish my memory, Renee. I want to remember that kiss. I want to remember you. Always."

I dropped my wand to the floor unconsciously and tears sprung from my eyes. I looked away from him and raised my trembling hands to my tingly lips. I closed my eyes, trying to remember the feeling of his soft lips. Then I realized that me too, like him, I want to remember this night. This moment.

But again, I had second thoughts.

~Renee! Calm yourself. You cannot fall for him. Especially now. How long have you tried to hide and kill that little voice in your head whenever it pops out saying that he's the one for you? For five years you've tried hard to shrug off that tiny little voice in your heart, ignoring how much it hurts. You've managed to hide your feelings and you've managed not to care about it at all for five years. Why give up now? Why give in to your emotions? Why now?~

I wiped my tears away thinking about the previews years of me, glancing at his direction.

Not really paying attention to his pranks but hanging on to the moments that he was talking with me. I've managed to ignore and don't mind it for five years. And now, there he was. Hinting that he loved me all those years.

~But no. He's a boy. He's a jerk. He has hurt me in more ways than one. He's a dude who all cares about snogging girls who he thinks are easy. He had even probably said that line to a thousand more girls who are willing to give him more than a kiss..No I WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH DRACO MALFOY.~

He sat in silence but I knew he was watching me. Waiting for me to end his life. But I don't. I can't. I just stood there letting my tears run dry but suddenly, both of us turned around to the dark corridor when we heard a distant scream. A scream of agony. A scream of pain. A scream of surprise. It was just a very short one but it's enough for me to figure out who it was.

"Cedric.." I whispered.

Not even bothering to take a second look at Draco, I ran straight to the direction of Diggory's voice.