Corey Haim/Les Anderson (Part 1)

"Alright, this time, you really need to study

"Alright, this time, you really need to study. You need to get your licenses Les." I casually put my arm over his shoulders.

"You got crappy music man. Buy some new cassettes." Dean got up from throwing cassettes all over the room. Literally. He'd look at one, scoff and throw it. He almost hit me in the face with one of them. "And as for tomorrow, he doesn't need to study. He passed his driving part last time."

"Yeah but he didn't pass his knowledge portion." Charles turned towards us from his chair.

"Thank you Charles. At least someone agrees." I smile and point to Charles.

"Besides, his instructor probably wants him dead after he saw him drive in reverse" Charles stated.

Dean rolled his eyes. "Oh come on man, that takes skill to do that!"

I completely ignored his comment. It takes skill to do that. "Come on Les, don't you wanna drive? Get a really hot car? Ooo maybe a shiny red corvette?" He's been daydreaming about having his license ever since we started high school.

He shrugged. "I mean I did before, but that was to only impress Mercedes. Now she's in love with me and she drives me all around in her Volkswagen. I got everything I want."

I rolled my eyes and got up. I went downstairs to get a drink because I needed a break from them. She's all he ever talks about. Mercedes this, Mercedes that. Mercedes, Mercedes, Mercedes. Ughhh. She never ever truly liked him. At first, she only wanted him for his car. She didn't even think he existed before that. Excuse me, but who was the one who patched him up after the bicycle incident in the third grade? Not Mercedes, that's for sure.

I was so in my own little world that I didn't realize Charles followed me and was now trying to get my attention.

I gasped. "Jeez, you scared me to death."

He giggled. "Didn't mean to startle you. You okay? You just left suddenly. The guys were questioning it, but I told them not to worry and that I'll come and get you. You wanna talk?"

Charles was the one I trusted the most out of all the guys. Of course, I can't say anything to Les since whatever I'd say is about him. And Dean... well, Dean is very... interesting. He can sometimes be good, but other times he can be bad. Overall, he's a pretty cool guy, but not someone I'd tell my secrets to. Charles knows about my feelings towards Les. He knew ever since that day I wasn't paying attention in gym class in the seventh grade because I was thinking about him. While everyone was yelling at me, telling me I could've gotten the ball, he ditched his next class just to walk and talk with me.

"She's not good enough for him. He deserves somebody better." I grabbed a cup and started making Tang.

He looked up at me with a smirk. "Somebody like you?"

I dropped my spoon and gazed at him with wide eyes. "No... only in my dreams." I mumbled the last part. "Look, I'll always be one of his best friends. He'll never call me beautiful or doll or any of those sweet pet names like how he does with Mercedes." I looked down in sadness.