Ralph Macchio/Johnny Cade

I buttoned the last button on my pajamas before hopping into bed

I buttoned the last button on my pajamas before hopping into bed. I pulled the blankets up and turned off the light, closing my eyes to wake again in the morning.

Suddenly, my eyes opened wide as I heard a ladder hit the side of my house, specifically to my bedroom window. Someone was trying to brake in.

"Damn good for nothing socs." I whispered to myself. I pulled out the butterfly knife from the top drawer of my nightstand.

The window across from my bed slowly opened. The dark silhouette crawled in quietly and crept over to me. They turned the light on and thankfully they did before I could attack. It was only Johnny.

"Oh my goodness Johnny! What the hell happened to you?!" I whisper yelled, trying so hard to not wake up the rest of my family. Johnny had bruises and blood all over his face.

I pulled his hand along as we tip toed to the bathroom to the first aid kit. "I only got one word for you." He held up one finger.

All the emotions drained from my face when I answered him back. "Socs."

He nodded and sat down on the edge of the tub, waiting for me to fix him up.

I took out a few antibiotics and creams. "What happened?"

He shrugged. "Just some socs saying some things they shouldn't have."

I looked at him confused. "Well what did they say exactly?" I finished up and pulled him to his feet.

"Nothing." He tried not to look into my eyes. He walked back into my bedroom. I followed him, wanting answers.

I closed the door. "Look, I know you didn't come here to be cleaned up by me. When you get into a fight, you either go to Pony or Dal. Why me? What did you have to tell me?" I crossed my arms.

He sighed and took a few steps towards me. "Some socs, who I presume are in your classes at school, were talking about you. They were saying things that I know you would never do in a million years."

He sat down on my bed and continued. "I couldn't stand to hear them talk about you anymore. I stopped walking home and stomped over to them. You can guess what happened next."

I sat down next to him and sighed. "You should've just kept walking and went home."

He groaned and stood up. "And what? Been beating up by my so called 'parents'? It's a lose lose situation y/n, and I'm always in the middle of it." He said angrily.

I crossed my arms and walked to the other side of the room. "Men are gonna say crap about me all the time. But I'm not gonna sit in my room and cry about it. I don't need you to stand up for me now or ever. Just go out the way you came in and leave me alone."

We stood in silence for a few seconds until I heard him walking over. "I'm sorry I yelled at you. I know you didn't need me to stand up for you... but I wanted to." He placed his hands on my shoulders and slowly massaged them.

It felt so good but I was questioning why it was happening. I turned around making him stop. I looked deeply into his eyes trying to figure out what he was thinking. His eyes were dark. "You wanted to?"

He nodded. "I always want to protect you. Not just cause you are in the gang... but because I really like you. I have for as long as I've known you."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. Instead, I just looked down at the floor and blushed with a small smile.

"I guess I just can't control my temper when men say dirty things about you. That's something I have to work on." He looked down in sadness.

I lifted his chin up with my finger. "You know, you have something that those guys will never have."

"Manners? Chivalry?" He said half jokingly.

I laughed. "Well yeah but that's not what I was thinking."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his bruised lips gently. "You have me."