Tom Cruise/Steve Randle

"I'm back in the saddle again

"I'm back in the saddle again." I blew out the air that has been trapped in my lungs.

I grew up in Tulsa. I was what you call a 'greaser'. Some say it's tough being one but you get used to it. It wasn't so bad for me since I was good friends with the Curtis gang. I've known those boys since I was little, seeing as I was their neighbor. When their parents passed, I grew even closer to them. I loved all of them, not just the brothers but the ones who came in and out. Like Two-Bit. Boy, I remember him. He almost set my hair on fire once.

You are probably wondering what happened. If I had such a good life in Tulsa, why did I leave? Unfortunately, though it was in a different way, my parents had the same fate as the Curtis parents. I was only 14 at the time. I wasn't considered an adult so I couldn't live on my own. I tried to run away or hide out at several of the boys homes, but eventually someone would find me. They forced me to live in California with my aunt and uncle. It was probably the worse thing to ever happen to me. California wasn't all Beach Boys, surfing and famous people like I originally hoped. My aunt and uncle treated me horrible and forced me to live in their moldy basement. They didn't even want me but they were my only living relatives.

I couldn't wait till I turned 18. I would be a legal adult and I would be allowed to leave. I always said that I soon as I turned 18, I'd go back home to Tulsa. My real home where I truly belong. My 18th birthday was a few days ago. I was throwing my suitcases in my car, not even saying goodbye to my aunt and uncle. They didn't care anyway as they didn't even look out the window to see me leave.

The entire ride there I was so nervous. Nervous that the guys would be mad that I left. Nervous that they probably don't even remember me. I wonder if I'll recognize them. I'm sure we've all changed through the years.

I pulled into Tulsa late in the night as I've been driving for hours. It's definitely too late to visit some of my old buddies. I needed to relax and get a drink. I needed to find a place that I knew was still partying into the night. I knew just the place. Hopefully it was still open.

I pulled into the driveway of my old friend Buck Merrill's place. We would go to parties all the time here. By the end of them though, we'd all get drunk and have to sleep there. Buck didn't care though. He even let Dal live in one of his rooms.

I parked the car and headed inside. The place was hopping. More so than it used to. There were multi colored lights moving around the room. There weren't as many greasers as there used to be either. Instead, majority of the people were those flower power people. I think they are called hippies? I don't know. They only started coming around recently with all the wars and fighting going on. I wonder if Buck still even owned this place it looks that different.

After gazing around the room for a good few minutes, I saw the infamous Merrill leaning against the wall, looking away from me.

I decided I was gonna have some fun. I came up behind him and grabbed his arm quickly. "Freeze Merrill!" I pretended to be a cop.