Michael J. Fox/Marty McFly

"Eh hem? Excuse me Miss 'I like to take long breaks'? You did hear the bell at the front ring right? Let's go, back to work

"Eh hem? Excuse me Miss 'I like to take long breaks'? You did hear the bell at the front ring right? Let's go, back to work." My boss Lou yelled at me.

I don't take long breaks. Sometimes I lose track of time. What can I say?

Lou and I walked out to the front and saw a young guy in a goofy getup.

"Hey kid, what you do, jump ship?" Lou must've thought the same thing I did.

The guy looked back at us confused. "What?"

"What's with the life preserver?" I tried not to laugh as I stocked the napkins.

"I just wanna use the phone." The guy seemed off in a way. He seemed like he didn't even belong in this time period.

"Yeah, it's in the back." Lou motioned with his hand. The guy nodded and walked over to the phone. Lou nudged my arm. "I'm gonna go into my office.
Keep an eye on him." He glared in suspicion.

I nodded and got back to stocking. The guy returned and took a seat at the counter. He was running his hands through his hair constantly. Seriously, what was this kids problem?

"Are you gonna order something?" I leaned against the counter with one eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, gimme a Tab." Is this guy for real?

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Tab? I can't give you a tab unless you order something."

"Right, gimme a Pepsi free." By this point, I really wanted to know what was wrong with this kid.

I scoffed. "You wanna a Pepsi, pal, you're gonna pay for it."

"Well just give me something without any sugar in it."

I leaned on the counter and stared at him in confusion. "Are you new around here?"

He gazed up at me with wide eyes and a stutter. "Uh-h no. I, uh, grew up here. I haven't been here in some time." He then mumbled something under his breath before continuing. "It looks different then how I remember."

I shrugged. "Must've been a long time."

"Tell me about it." He laughed and looked away.

I handed him just a cup of coffee. "So why are you here now?"

He took a sip of his drink. "First, my girlfriend Jennifer broke up with me. Then, I hopped in a car, and next thing I know, zap! I'm here."

I felt sorry for him and his break up. He seemed a little sad about it.

He brushed it off though. "What's your name?"

I held up my name tag to reveal my name as y/n.

He nodded and laughed. "Oh right."

"What about you coast guard? Got a name?"

"It's Marty." He grinned.

I went back to stocking. "Marty what?"

"Marty M-" He was saying till the front door flung open to reveal the grossest guy around. Biff.

"Hey McFly, what do you think you're doing?" I rolled my eyes. I hate this guy.

Marty turned to him shocked. "Biff." He knows him?

"Hey I'm talking to you, McFly, you Irish bug." He walked over to George McFly.

"Oh hey, Biff, hey, guys, how are you doing?" Poor George. He's too shy to standing up for himself.

"Yeah, you got my homework finished, McFly?" Biff asked. He makes George do his homework?

Although I didn't really talk to George, I wasn't gonna let Biff walk all over him. "Hey! If you jerks are gonna act like that, you can turn around and walk out that door right now!" I pointed towards the door.

"Stay out of this, bimbo!" 3D glasses yelled at me.

Biff turned to Marty annoyed. "What are you looking at, butt-head?"

His skinhead friend grabbed onto Marty. "Hey Biff, check out this guy's life preserver, dork thinks he's gonna drown."

"Are you guys gonna leave or do I have to make you?" I scowled with my hands on my hips.

Biff smirked and held up a finger to me. "One second honey." Ugh. He turned back to George. "How about my homework, McFly?"

George responded nervously. "Uh, well, okay Biff, uh, I'll finish that on up tonight and I'll bring it over first thing tomorrow morning."

"Hey, not too early, I sleep in on Sundays. Hey McFly, your shoe's untied." His finger hit George in the nose when he looked down. "Don't be so gullible, McFly."

Biff and his friends were finally leaving the diner. "I don't wanna see you in here again."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. When he left, I placed my hand on George's and gave him and sympathetic smile. "You are allowed in here whenever you want."

I walked to the back to go get more supplies for the front. Before I did, I looked over at Marty to see him totally out of it, like he saw a ghost or something. This guy really intrigued me. I wanted to know more about him.

I went to the back and got the supplies. When I came back, George had already left and Marty was about to leave. "Hey, sorry, I have to go." I nodded and took away his cup. "Thanks for the coffee. Oh and thanks for standing up for my dad."

I stopped what I was doing and looked up at him confused. "Dad? Who's that?" I've just met this guy so I doubt I've met his dad before.

His eyes went wide again and he rapidly shook his head. "No! Uh nevermind! Wrong person!"

I just laughed at his craziness. "Okay... Feel free to come in again any time."

He smiled up at me. "Any time?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and giggled. "Yeah any time."

"Definitely. I've got all the time in the world." He nodded his head while laughing as he ran out of the diner.

I shook my head at him. My co worker Goldie came up next to me and stared where I was looking. "Crazy guy?"

I nodded. "Crazy guy. I really get this feeling like he doesn't belong here." I wiped down the counter tops while still looking. "Yet he's fascinating to me."

Goldie laughed and made fun of me like I was crushing on this guy. Again, I just met him. I giggled and pushed Goldie away so he and I could get back to work.

Just one thing I still didn't get though. Seriously, what was with the life preserver?