Chapter 5

-ZEE'S P.O.V-

With a blood curling scream she fell to the floor. My sister got up and chased the love of my life so she wouldn't walk out on me like Lynn did her. She.. put herself through pain for me..
"JAMIE!" Me and Rose say, running to her.
"If you would have just listened. If you would have.." She was gasping for air and crying. "Work.. it ..out" And she passed out.
"Call Lynn" Rose says.
"Let's get her on the bed."
"Okay."
We put her on the bed, Rose holds her head in her lap. I call Lynn.
"Jamie had an accident."
"What happened!?"
"She.. tried to chase Rose.. from running away from me.." I was crying.
"(Heard talking in background. 'Sorry Princess I have to go like now. ALEX JAMIE GOT HURT. I HAVE TO GO. I'M SO SORRY.' ...'Go! I'll give you the week off.'... 'Thank you!!!!!') I'm on my way. Where is she?"
"On the bed. She's passed out."
I heard her car roar through the phone.
"Be there in 10."
She hangs up and I look up to Rose.
"Not here, Zee. Not now." She shakes her head.
After a minute... I try.
"I want a restraining order on him.. But I didn't want to do it alone.. he cornered me....at the house, broke in and cornered me. I know you don't believe me.. and think I cheated. And now I know you are done and don't want anything to do with me... But you need to know the truth. Every time he touched me.. I would fight it. Every time. It made me sick. And then he...." I felt tears falling.. "he.. tried.... But I kicked him... and ran."
Her face still showed anger.
"You.. don't have to believe me. You're the only one I have ever wanted. Or ever cared for passed family. But you needed to know the truth. You can hate me now.. But I will only ever love you."
She just looks at me. I do a wry smile. She just nods.. my heart shatters.
I walk to the bathroom and splash water on my face. Breathing in the steam, trying to stop the tears... the whimpers. I'm hopelessly in love with Rose and she...
The front door slams and I walk out of the bathroom. Lynn comes running down.
"What the fuck happened?!"
... I speak.. the truth.
"She was helping me.. I needed to try and fix things with Rose and Jamie offered to help. I just.. wanted Rose back.. and Jamie knew that... so when Rose saw me come out of the bathroom after Jamie set us up.. Rose ran... But so did Jamie.. it was like she was trying not to repeat.. you walking away." I was crying again. Just stopped only to start again.
Lynn rushes over to Jamie quickly and brings her into her arms.
"What happened between you two?" She asked quietly.
I told her.. my side. Rose told hers. I sat on the recliner and hugged my knees.
"But after apology, she finds it best to have nothing to do with me. I understand.."
"My advice, guys. Don't lose what you have. Look where me and Jamie came from. I gave her a reason to kill herself just because I walked out." She sighs. "She is all I care for. All I would ever need. I don't want to lose her again."
"It's not my choice to lose Rose. But she said she didn't want it, Lynn. Ask her yourself."
"Yeah. I did say that."
Her words crushed me.. I got up and went back to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I heard them talking.
"Why, Rose?"
"She's.. too much. These past two years have been hell. Back and forth, back and forth. I want to be with her.. But I'm done with all the bullshit it comes with."
"You can't tell her that?"
"I've tried. I'm tired of her breaking my heart."
"Listen, Rose.. She's your first love. Things will be rough. Things are rough for Jamie and I right now but I can't ever stay mad at her and she can't towards me."
"I mean,
I love her. I love her more than anything.. I'm just a jealous person. I want her to myself but she's popular, sexy and everyone wants her. She shouldn't be with me. I'm emo, gothic and a freak with blue hair. She's out of my league."
"And you think Jamie isn't out of mine?"
"You have more in common though."
"And you and Zee don't?"
"We do.."
"Why are you debating this?"
"I can't help it. Listen to her."
I was actually crying loudly as I listened... But it didn't matter.
"I'd like to think that she really wanted me... But she could do so much better."
"Jamie could too. But she chose me. ME"
"I know."
"Zee is in the fucking bathroom crying her eyes out because a guy tried to take her and the one safe haven won't hold her. Do you love her?"
"Of course I do..."
"DO YOU LOVE HER, ZEE?"
She.. knows I'm listening?
"With.. everything I am.." I try to speak. I opened the bathroom door. "I have always wanted Rose. Always... Every break we took always killed me. But it was because we needed to cool down after an argument.. and most of them were my fault for having a bitch squad of friends." I take a deep breath. And lie. "Even if she does love me. She doesn't have to be with me... it is fine."
"Fine is a common lie, Zee." Lynn says.
"... is it better to say distraught? I don't want her coming back to me out of pity. I'm scared to be alone.. my mom doesn't know but I'm thankful she had the last 2 days off... I came here because I didn't want to be alone and I knew Jamie would stay with me"
I slide to the floor from the wall and hug my knees. "I don't feel safe anymore.." I my tears flowed like rivers rapids. I hide my face in my arms.
After about 5 minutes of nothing but crying... arms wrapped around me.. her arms.
"I'm sorry.. I overreacted."
"I would.. have done same."
I lean against her. I just... wanted her love. It was all I need... But his hands.. touched me in places.. not just my breasts.. I cringe to it.
"Do you need a place to stay, Zee? Our couch is yours." Lynn offers.
"If that's okay. I don't want to intrude."
"Or you could stay with me." Rose says.
"Really?" I look up.
"I always hated sleeping in a bed without you."
I rest my head on her shoulder. I am a crybaby. It's a known fact. ...for anyone who can get close enough. I cry at my failures. At my pain. When I'm happy sometimes.. just a blubbering bitchbaby.
"Good to have you two resolved. What are you going to do about him?"
"Get a restraining order. I hate having to look over my shoulder. I don't want his hand there ag.."I stopped myself with a sob.
"Okay.. Rose.. maybe take her up there now?"
"Yeah. Let's go, baby." Rose gets up and offers her hands to me.
I take them and is hoisted into a tight hug.
"Come on, babygirl."
We start for the stairs.
"Please call me when she wakes up. I am so sorry, Lynn. I hope you can forgive me.."
"I do. Go, be safe."
"Thank you..."
We get the the car.. Things are quiet but she doesn't let go of my hand.

Once at the station, I gave every detail. I gave the name. I gave all of it with even more tears.
Rose held me through it all. I was afraid.. But once the papers were signed.. a small weight lifted from my shoulders. Small.
I still had to.. fix the rest of Rose and I. If I lose her.. permanently, I will never forgive myself.

Once we hit her house and get inside. We are alone, even though we were alone beforehand. This.. we hand no distractions. Just free will to talk.
"I'm sorry, Zee. I didn't think."
"I would have reacted same."
"But that just makes me a terrible girlfriend because I actually did react that way."
"Can we move past it? I just.. want to forget it."
"And you forgive me?"
"I did a while back ago. I knew how it would turn out at some point. I knew you would get mad. The only thing I kept doing was buying time until..."
I was about to cry again.
"Alright. What do you want to do the rest of the day?"
"Go to bed. In your arms."
She smiles.
"I can do that."
We walk to her room hand in hand. And she held me.
"In your arms... I am safe, Rose. I never meant to ever hurt you. I'm forever sorry for everything we ever had to face through the past 2 years... But I need you. You might not need me... But I need you."
"I'm not leaving, Zee."
I tangle my leg between hers. And start to fall asleep.
"I am safe.."