Chapter 14

-JAMIE'S P.O.V-

"Nothing happened at the hospital." Lynn quickly followed mom's words.
"Uh.."
"She got really pissed." Mom smiles towards Lynn. "Yelled at a nurse."
   I could feel her body heat with embarrassment.
"And why is that?"
"Well."
"Ly.."
"Okay. Okay."
   My mom looks from me to her.
"So. Uh. I brought you in. They were going to take you back. And wouldn't let me back with you." Her voice turns to a mumble, almost inaudible. "So I kinda yelled at the nurse.."
"I believe it was. 'The hell I can't. I'm going back with my fucking Fiancee.' Which, I don't condone the language but it actually made me laugh." My mom said.
"Uh.. Ly.."
    She stayed quiet.
"Ly.." I wiggle myself on her back.
"Okay.. so maybe I freaked a little. You expect me to NOT want to go back with you? And I know for a fact you would have done the same."
"That poor nurse."
   Damn fucking right I would.. But still.. poor nurse.
"Actually, I believe she was homophobic. The look on her face when I said you were my fiancee was funny."
"Well, I mean. You did scream it at her, Lynn." My mom chimes in.
   I kiss the back of her neck. Her skin heated with blush. After, I just rest my head on her shoulder.
"What did I do to deserve you?"
"Think you got it the other way, Love."
"I don't think so."
"Agree to disagree? No one will win this."
"Agree." I press a kiss to her cheek.

    I do what I can to help with dinner but it only goes so far. Zee and Rose come in and everyone sits for dinner. I prop my legs up on Lynn while eating. She doesn't care, which I love her for... among a billion other things.
"How are you doing, Zee?"
"Uh. Better JJ."

~   Have faith that mom can help, Zee.
     'I.. will... try.'

"So.. Mom."
"Yeah, Zee?"
"I.." She took a deep breath. I leaned over and grabbed her hand.
"There was this guy stalking me."
    My mom looked to her and she continued.
"He kept getting close. Eventually he started to touch me. I always kicked him off and ran..." She looked like she was going to cry. I squeezed her hand lightly.
"About 2 weeks ago.. he came here. He... he.." tears broke out and Rose brought her in a tight hug.
"Why didn't you tell me this sooner? I could have helped. Who is he?"
"I can't, Jamie. I can't. I don't want to talk about it anymore. I can't." She dips her hand from mine.
   She gets up and runs out of the room. Rose at her heel. Both probably mad at me. Mom needed to know.

~    I'm so sorry..
     ...
      I'M SORRY

    Silence...
"Is that why she is always at Rose's?"
"Yeah. But she got a restraining order on him."
"That sick bastard. Did he?"
"Just touch.. he didn't get to.." I cringe. "He didn't get passed touching her."
"Who is he?" Mom was pissed.
"His name is William."
"Last name?"
    I shake my head in a lie. I get up slowly, grabbing my crutches.
"I have.."
"I know." They both said.
    I basically crawled up the stairs but made it. I knocked on her door before entering. She was crying in Rose's chest.
"She needed to know, Zee."
"I know." I heard her sniffle.
    Her room looked like someone puked buckets of Pepto Bismol. If I wasn't being nice I would physically cringe. But I was trying to apologize...
"Can I sit?"
"Yeah."
   I hobble over to her bed and sit. The pink practicality burning my skin. Oh.. have mercy.
"She can help you. Mom can help. If you just talk to her. Or me. I want to help. You were there for me.. kind of. But I want to help you in anyway possible."
   She moves from Rose to me in a flash. I embrace her in a tight hug.
"How do you get through the nightmares? Through Dad's and coma?"
"I didn't really... But I don't have then often anymore. Ly has helped me a lot with it."
"Lucky.."
"If you give it time, Zee." I look over her shoulder to Rose. Her eyes teary.
   I feel.. sorry for Rose. Almost in a way it's like she can't help Zee no matter how hard she tries.
"I'm trying."
"Zee, I love you.. okay? I'm always going to be here for you. But I suggest talking to mom. You know she gives the best advice... And better hugs."
    She laughs against me.
"I love you too." She sighs and pulls back. Leaning against Rose.
"I'll leave you two alone. Try and talk to mom.. I think it will help you."
"Okay."
    I struggle to get up but make it. I make my way through the door. I really need to lay down.
     I make it halfway down the hall before collapsing. I groan.
"JAMIE?!"
    Why? Why does this always fucking happen? Can't I go one minute before falling? Or being a weak bitch?
"JAMIE!?" Lynn runs into view.
"DEE, SHE'S BLEEDING."
   I hit my head... yep. Hit my head.
    I groan.
    In like a flash everyone is gathered around me. Mildly annoyed. Really...
"She's already had a seizure today. Can we get her in her room? I'll get the medkit." Mom's voice is muffled.
   My eyes closed slowly.. too heavy. But I'm not asleep.
"Ow." I groan when my mom presses an alcohol wipe to my skin.
    Lynn's hand grabs mine.
"What happened?"
"I.. my legs."
"Why didn't you say you were in pain?"
   I open my eyes.
"I needed to talk to Zee."
"JJ, why?"

~   You didn't respond.. shut me out.. fuck my head.

    Mom wipes where the blood is coming from and I wince.
"I didn't want you mad at me."
"I wasn't mad." Zee frowns.
"Love, you should have said something." And now I feel anger from Lynn. Even in her eyes, you can see.
   Mom presses a cloth to me.
"Ow! I'm sorry!..." I practically yell for everyone.
    She puts a thick bandage over it.
"Everyone clear out." She says to Rose and Zee.
"JJ, stop getting hurt for me.. promise?"
"No can do. Walking tragedy."
    Lynn's face turned pale.
"You need to rest, Jamie."
"Yeah, Yeah. I know the drill."
    She hands me some ibprophin and I take it. She walks out, closing the door behind her. Lynn's eyes burning me.
"I'm sorry." I say with a sigh.
"It's okay. As long as you're okay." Her face says differently.
"Why are you lying?"
"I..I.."
    I roll over facing away from her. I get why.
"J.."
    ...
"Jamie."
   ...
"I just don't like it when you continue to get hurt. And you don't tell me you're in pain til it's too late."
"I know."
"I didn't really lie.."
"Pretty sure you did. But it doesn't matter. I get it."
"Than why are you mad at me?"
"Besides the lie? I'm not. I'm just really tired."

~    'You just lied.'
      Sort of. Listen, I'm sorry.. and I can get over a tiny lie. It made me mad she did but it's fine. It will be okay... guess I'm no different from hiding my pain.
      'That is different.'

"I'm sorry." Her voice lined with sorrow.
   Trying to situate my head to the pillow only makes me hiss out loud. I roll over to face her. We both really didn't have honesty in this.
"I just wanted to help Zee... then had to make sure she wasn't mad.. I know I should have told you but I was more worried about her than my own pain."
"I should have said it bothered me that you didn't tell me, instead of saying it was okay. I saw the pain in your eyes but I thought if it was bad enough, you would have told me."
   I do feel bad.. But honestly, I just want to be held and go to sleep.
"No more arguing?"
"No more."
"Thank you." I try to climb on her but she helps me.
    She pulls the blankets up and holds me tightly.
"I miss our bed."
"Mm.. me too."
"Trying to stay awake?"
"Mm.."
"Go to sleep, Love."
     I take her words and obey.
"I love you, Ly." I whisper before falling asleep.
   No dreams come. No nightmares. It's peaceful. The sound of her slowed heart beat echoing in my ears and the feel of her chest rise and fall. Nothing can beat this feeling.

     I wake up to the one thing I don't ever want to hear. Rose moans.
"NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. I'M IN THE ROOM NEXT TO YOU FOR FUCK SAKES!" Lynn nearly jumps out of her skin awake.
"WE WEREN'T DOING ANYTHING, JJ."
      I groan.

~    The fuck you aren't.
      'WE AREN'T.'

"I'm sorry, Ly."
"Well.. definitely not the wake up call I enjoy but okay."
    I smirk and kiss her cheek.
"Better?"
"Yeah."
"Can we go home? My head hurts and I just.. want peace."
"That I can do."
    Her phone goes off and she grabs it quickly.
"Hey, Dad."
"Tonight?"
"Okay. I'll see you later."
"After 1? Okay."
     She hangs up and looks to me. So much for being alone.
"Almost forgot we didn't actually live alone."
"It's okay."
    It had been such a good week. I literally never once put on clothes when we were upstairs. She carried me around naked... which was fucking hot. I can feel my face heat to the thoughts.
"You okay?"
"I really, really want to go home."

"Bye, guys!"
"See you next weekend, girls!"
   And I use crutches to get out of the door. Lynn at my side. This was our last day/night to be.. alone. Until 1 that is.
    Once in the car she take a my hand and we head back home. I want to.. try something. It would involve surrending my reward to.. our bet.

    We get inside and I head downstairs, she's not to far behind me. But I have a minute to myself.

...long enough to strip and crawl into bed. When she walks down the stairs. I get nervous.. But the way her eyes drink me in, all nervs set aside.