08

this is where shiz gets exciting ;)

_________________________________________________

The next twelve hours was a blur. I had been on a bus for the past six or so hours that it took to get to Stanford and it was currently eight p.m on Sunday.

The day had been massive, and it consisted of getting the lead role in a television series. I didn't know what to do, so I did the only thing I knew how to do – and ran.

I caught the next bus and since one p.m. today I'd been catching different buses to find my way to Stanford. I didn't know if Tristan knew I left but I took my stuff from the hotel and left before he could find me.

Tomorrow I had to work, and after then I could figure out what I wanted to do, as I hadn't accepted the role yet.

I walked into the front doors of the administrations building and saw a few desks occupied. I didn't expect many people to be here as it was the end of the spring semester. But then again, some people could apply for an early admission to begin in the summer semester which started tomorrow.

I slugged my duffel bag down onto the floor beside me and pulled out a chair at the desk of a girl only a few years older than myself. We went through all the details of my job in the universities café, which was only a brief explanation. She gave me a short explanation on the sorority system and after a short smile, she quiet literally pushed me out of the administration's office.

I swung my duffel bag around my shoulder and walked down the steps to the quiet road. I walked along the path for a while and took in all the sights and sceneries around me before pulling out the map that she gave me before I left.

According to the map, I would be at the sorority house I wanted to join if I just followed the path around the estate.

Beside me on the road, cars zoomed past full of young aged adults. The streets were full of parties as it was open week I guessed, but it made me feel uneasy.

The whole university community had already immersed me and I hadn't even joined a sorority yet. I continued walking until I turned into the large courtyard that opened up onto the law building, where I would be studying over the next year. I looked up at the building above me and realized I was probably looking like a child in a candy store, wide eyed and all.

The inside of the building at the first level had all of its lights off and I pressed my face up to the tinted windows to see a lit staircase in the first room that led up stairs to study rooms I assumed.

My face lit up as I thought about every moment I would spend inside here in the coming years, if I didn't take the role that was.

Suddenly, in front of me the door swung open and out walked a young man in a grey suit as he looked down at his phone in his hand. As I tried to move awkwardly, he walked straight into me and dropped his styrofoam coffee cup onto the floor, the lid crashing into the ground and the cold liquid oozing over the footpath around my feet.

"Oh... my god I'm so sorry," he said kneeling down to pick up the now empty cup and threw it in the bin that was provided next to us.

"It's fine," I laughed. We both laughed in unison as he buttoned up the middle button on his suit jacket.

"Ah, sorry," he shook his head, "Dean." He extended out his hand to shake mine and I shook it as I told him my name.

"You look young, almost too young to be on campus," he smiled while he squinted his eyes.

I laughed. I was.

"I have a summer internship with Stanford. I'm going to be studying here over the next few years though."