29

***Tristan's POV***

Twenty four hours ago I landed back home in Sydney to spend Christmas with my family. The only problem was, that it was December twenty sixth, and our flight had gotten delayed from Europe. This meant that the four of us only had two days back at home in Australia before we flew off to Los Angeles for New Years.

The time off was amazing, even if it was only two days. I spent most of it lounging in my backyard and soaking up Australia's sunshine before I got shipped back to the big cities again.

The night before I flew home my phone alerted me of a recommended video on Youtube. It was named 'Never Have I Ever with Mae Parker!!' It was strange to see her own name plastered on videos over the internet, or even articles. It still hit me to realize she had such a successful career on her own.

I watched the entire video and noticed that she had answered everything correctly to what I could remember and my heart skipped a beat when she was asked if she had ever been in love. When her bat slowly turned to the I have never side, a part of me inside felt hurt. Not hurt, but more so crushed.

I thought what we had was quite serious, and I knew that I was in fact in love with her. I knew that there was a possibility I was still in love with her. It just hurt to accept that it really was over and she had never even been in love with me like I was with her.

I ended the video when the credits came up, and double tapped the home button to continue onto my Instagram app. I instantly typed up her profile probably for the seventh time this week, and I noticed she had now reached a staggering five million followers, compared to my six. Her amount of photos had skyrocketed to over four thousand. I remember the simple times when she posted once a month when she moved back home to finish her senior year. Back then her posts were just of her makeup-less face as she sat at her desk with a weak smile, to now when they were photos of her and her college boyfriend kissing on the couch in her cozy apartment, or selfies of her with long fake lashes on while she flaunted her makeup for a scene. Her feed also consisted of photos of the city view from different angles of Manhattan, and she had gained many followers from her stunning photography. I was happy for her; but I wished she was still mine.

It was me that screwed that up though.

I had also noticed that recently she had gained the blue tick on both her Twitter and Instagram accounts, which stated that she was official. I continued to scroll through her photos until I stopped on a photo from a few weeks ago of her and famous movie star Tate Boussey. If Tate wasn't her crush he was sure mine, because he was one handsome guy.

I stared at the photo for a few moments and saw them laughing together. I bet she was telling him the story of how she tripped on the set of Spotlight, or how she had to pee in the bushes on set one time during the night. I bet he was laughing back at her stories even if she'd already told them before.

The photo consisted of the two of them walking together down the street with their arms around each other as they laughed. The caption read: 'I was actually laughing at how totally stupid @tateboussey is...' with an added lightening emoji on the end of the caption.

I exited the app and continued onto another social media account of mine, which was Snapchat. I took a quick photo of the sky and then posted it to my story. Within seconds I had over three hundred views of a simple sky photo.

*************************

When we arrived back in Los Angeles, it was straight to the nearest clubs. As we were all now legal age in the States, we entered with ease beyond the bouncers.

The four of us celebrated our New Years surrounded by plenty of girls younger than us. The big screen at the front of the club started at ten, and began slowly counting down. I looked around me to find a girl of some sort and noticed that the other guys had left to find their own girl, and I was alone on the dancefloor.

When I noticed the clock was at three seconds, I wrapped my hand around the waist of a brunette girl standing alone on the dancefloor looking up at the countdown. She smiled instantly and as the New Year rung in, I found myself kissing her for a few minutes into the year. The hype in the room got louder and when I pulled away I noticed that many flashlights from cameras were on us and many people were filming the kiss that we just shared.

That's when I noticed the other guys had taken girls away to avoid this, and I had caused all this commotion myself.

I looked around for Blake or anyone at least, and noticed the three of them were together in a booth waving me over. I briefly said goodbye to the girl and noticed that many of the girls in the crowd knew who I was and that's why they were filming.

Gods sake, that was going to be everywhere tomorrow.

After a lecture for about an hour from Blake, he realized that I thought we were all doing the same thing. He went easy on me though, because he knew it wouldn't do much to my reputation because of the fact that we were still on tour.

Two days later, a video of me making out with some random girl had surfaced to every media outlet in the world and I think it even made the news back home in Australia. It didn't really do much though, it just aggravated a few fans who assumed I was going after brunettes since Mae and I ended.

After a few days it all blew over and the band was prepared for our tour of Canada for a week, and then continuing down to the rest of America. Our tour was going to finish up in two months today, making it the fifth of march.

I couldn't wait to get back onto the road and continue performing music for people who loved it.