Chapter 1|It's Called High School For A Reason

Hope you enjoy!

 ALEISHA'S POV

You know that feeling when sunlight is in your eyes and you feel like killing everyone? I'm feeling that right now.

Althia, my elder sister walks in.

" Ali, it's time to wake up. " She says, throwing open all the curtains in my room.
" Would you stop? " I mumble out as I cover my eyes with the palms of hands.
" Quit whining and get your lazy ass out of bed. I'll pick out something cute for you to wear. "

Reluctantly, I get my ' lazy ass ' out of bed and walked to my ensuite bathroom. I put my hair in a bun and wash my face.

I complete my usual washroom routine including taking a shower.

I walk out to see a pretty cute outfit laid out on my bed.

Thea had laid out a long-sleeved white top along with my favourite skinny black jeans and a pretty black and white scarf I didn't know I had. She also remembered to take out my favourite charm bracelet that my one and only best friend, Daena had made for me. As I got dressed, I decided that my black Uggs would complete the outfit.

I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs. I saw my sister texting her boyfriend and decided that it would be better if I didn't interrupt them. I made myself a bowl of cereal. I looked up, as I finished my cereal to see my parents walk down the stairs.

" Hey, mom! Hey dad! I'm going to head out to school so bye!" I say as I give them both a chaste kiss on their cheeks.

" Bye Thea," I scream and she mumbles out a bye, still intently staring at her phone.

I rush out and get into my black Honda Accord, which my parents gifted me for my 17th birthday which passed on April 9th.

Just as I'm about close the door I feel something jump onto my lap. I look down in surprise to see my 2-year-old Dalmatian puppy, Luke.

I remember the day when me and Daena both got our pets. I named my puppy Luke and she named her kitten Michael.

It was such a joyous moment.

I look down to see him staring up at me intently with its blue eyes, waiting for a reaction from me.

" I'm so sorry I forgot about you in my rush. I love you. Bye." I cooed, petting it and getting it out of my car.

***
" Ali! over here!" Daena called out across the hall, standing at our lockers.

I walk over to where she's standing and pull her into a hug.

" Ali!" she groans, "You know I hate hugs!" She says, pulling away with a disgusted face.

" Even from your best bud ?" I ask, pouting. " Yes, I hate hugs from everyone." She says, ignoring my pout.

" You know, I fear you have haphephobia,", I say while unlocking my locker and shoving my books in.

" I don't even know what that is." She says, rolling her eyes.

" Whatever Dae,", I say and pull her into class.

" By the way, like what you're wearing. It's adorable." I say, checking her out.

She wore a maroon tank top, matching beanie and matching shoes. My favourite was the varsity jacket she wore. She was the coolest tomboy I ever met.

" I know right !" She says, twirling around.

" Yeah, yeah. Stop bragging alright." I say, taking a seat as she takes the one beside me.

" Good morning Aleisha. You look really pretty." A tanned skinned girl calls out as she walks into class.

" Thanks a lot, Olivia. Good morning to you too." I say with a smile.

" Hmm. Perks of being school president." Dae mutters, scoffing.

"Come on, people compliment you too.",I say.

" Who said I'm jealous? I hate attention." She says.

I give her look which says ' I know you more than you know yourself'. Miss Danielle, our French teacher walks in.

After we exchange our greetings, she orders us to take out our textbooks and complete exercises 5 to 12.

" Ugh! I hate this place. It's so torturous." I groaned.

" Honey, it's called high school for a reason." Miss Danielle says, shocking me and the rest of the class who had no idea of what I had said before.

I look up at her and smile sheepishly.

Great! I gave off a bad impression as school president and it's only the first period.

~~~

Okay, that was the first chapter.

Hope Y'all enjoyed it!!

Please do vote and comment!!