Chapter 8|From A Different Perspective

This chapter goes out to the three people who saved me. They are daniahamid,mia_hardwell and Mikaela. I can't express how grateful I am for all of you. I love the three of you so much!! Enjoy!!

DAENA'S POV

2 hours ago. 3:30 pm.

"Take five everyone!"

I turn around and start walking towards the bleachers. I grab my water bottle and take a long sip, quenching my thirst. I hear a buzz on my phone and look down at it to see one unread message.

3:12. Ali: Hey Dae! I'm sorry but I can't pick you up. I have to go to the library to get tutored by Noah. :-(

Aly's getting tutored? That's something I've got to see. As long as I've known her, she has never even failed a test. She's that girl who somehow manages to excel in both academics and athletics. As for the guy who's tutoring her, I just hope it isn't the same one I convinced Ali to go talk to because if I remember correctly, his name is Noah too and the last time I checked, they weren't on very good terms.

I let out a sigh. I'll have to find someone to give me a ride.

"Hey! Why the long face?"

I turn around and come face to face with a girl who I think was in senior year. I take a step back and observe her. She has cropped her that reaches till her neck. The ends are uneven so it kind of a looks like Flynn Rider cut it off using a glass shard. Her eyes are dark brown.Her body is tan and it is clearly visible through the loose tank top she is wearing along with her spandex shorts. I was pretty sure she was a part of our team, but I don't socialise much. That's usually Ali's territory.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I ask, trying my best not to come off as rude. Instead of taking offence, she lets out a chuckle, dimples forming on the corners of her mouth. "I'm Hadley. Ley for short. I'm on your team and I'm a senior." She says, sticking out her hand for me to shake.

I look at the hand wearily. "Daena," I say quietly, shaking her hand lightly.

"So...why so glum chum?" Ley asks, raising a perfectly arched eyebrow. "Oh, it's nothing really. My ride home has other plans." I reply, looking at the ground.

"I wish I could drop you back home, but I have guests coming over and I promised my mom that I wouldn't be late. Sorry."

I shove my water bottle into my Adidas bag and look at her. "It's fine. I'll take the bus. We should head back to the field."

She smiles and we start walking.

***
I sling my training bag over my shoulder and start walking towards the bus stop. It was 4:45 pm now and the next bus should be arriving at around 5:15. Just as I start walking towards the ticket counter, a voice stops me.

"Daena! Wait!"

Clenching my fists, I turn around. "What do you want Hayden?"

"Are you taking the bus home?"

"No shit Sherlock," I mutter under my breath and turn back around to continue walking.

"Wait! Let me drop you home. The bus will take a long time to arrive." He says, breathing heavily as he jogs to keep up with me.

"Now, why would I want to take a ride home with you," I ask, glaring at his towering figure.

He runs a hand through his hair which is already sticking up in different directions.
" Dae, please let me drop you. You shouldn't be waiting here alone. It's getting dark."

I think about it for some time. "It's Daena."

He grins widely. " I'll take that as a yes."

I just let out a huff of air and follow where he leads. After a two minute walk, we are seated in his matte black Porsche Panamera. I pull my hoodie closer and rub my hands over each other. This simple action doesn't go unnoticed by Hayden as he switches on the heater and glances at me.

None of us speaks a word, so my hands naturally find their way to the car radio and I turn it on. 'DNA' by Lia Marie Johnson comes on and I increase the volume. As soon as I put my hands back down on my lap, the station is changed and an annoying rap song comes on. I glance sideways and glare at the driver only to see him smirking.

I switch the station back and Hayden switches it again. This goes on for a while until I cross my arms and lean back into my seat as I take out my own earphones and plug it into my phone. Just as I'm about to click the 'play' button, Hayden stretches his hand and switches it back to the station that I want. He has a small smile on his lips. Somehow, my lips start twitching into a smile and he sees this and smiles even more.

I look out of the window, thinking, what is it with this boy?

~~~
So this was a long ass chapter because I have bad news. I may not update till after November 5th because I have exams starting next week.

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. What'd y'all think of the new character Hadley (yes. It's a real name)Yeah or Nah?

Ooh, by the way, Hadley is played by Lindsey Morgan.

Baii.