Chapter 11|The New Girl (Part 2)

Here we go....

 ALEISHA'S POV 

"So, who's the better Hastings?"

"You can't seriously expect me to answer that, Maddie"

I tilt my head up and moved my hand in front of me. " Come! Sit with us for lunch. I already invited your sis."

"Um.... who's 'us'?"

" You'll see," I reply with a smile while I lead her to our table.

As I approach Dae, I notice a pretty girl sitting beside her. I watch as the girl animatedly converses with Dae.

I let out an awkward cough in an attempt to make mine and Maddie's presence known.  The unknown girl stops mid-sentence and turns to us with furrowed eyebrows. "And who are they?" She inquires, shifting her glance between Dae and me.

"Al!" Dae exclaims. "Meet Ley, short for Hadley. Ley meet Aleisha, my friend."
Hadley extends an arm out for me to shake and I grip it in mine giving it a firm shake while I add with a forced smile, "Best friend, actually."

Dae shoots me a weird look but quickly recoveres and changes the topic. "So who's your friend Ali?"

"Dae, meet Maddie, short for Maddison. Maddie, meet Dae, short for Daena." Maddie offers Dae a shy smile as Dae smiles widely. Maddie and I proceed to take a seat as my phone chimes from my tote bag.

12:30. From Malea: I'm sorry Aleisha. I can't make it to lunch. I'm in the library doing an assignment. See you tomorrow. Sorry again. 12:30, 1 November 2017

12:31. To Malea: No problem! Maybe tomorrow? Good luck with that assignment BTW12:31, 1 November 2017

I looked back at the three people at my table that we're engaged in a heated discussion. Just as I was about to dig into my pasta, Hadley turned to me and sent me a small smile. I smiled back as I picked up a carrot stick.

I get that Hadley might just be a friend, but then why did it feel like I was slowly getting replaced?

~~~

Oookayyyy!!!!! Is it just me or has it been a long time?

I'm sorry for the wait. It's just that my life's been a whirlwind lately and I have been terribly sick. Thankfully this whirlwind brought good and bad. Mostly good though!

I just wanted to get my mojo back because it's the .....NEW YEAR!!!!!! WHOOOO!!

Anyway, I hope this new year does Y'all good as it has for me.

Stick around for more updates and hopefully the third album of 5SOS! *Clutches hands together and prays*