Chapter 22|Those Damn Eyes

As I drive back home after school, I let my mind be occupied with thoughts of Noah. The concern in his eyes, the softness in his voice, the firmness in his grip. Everything. I haven't stopped thinking about him after our little interaction outside of the classroom. I love and hate how he notices every single thing. How I limped, my forced smile and the sadness in my eyes. Even my mom hadn't noticed me limping as I grabbed breakfast. Every single word he said echoed in my mind. 

I notice the familiar houses on my block and snap out of my thoughts. I quickly park and get out of my car, careful not to rub my thighs together. I grab my bag from the backseat and make my way to the front door, not before turning around once to make sure I have locked my car. I waste a minute or so digging through my bag for the key and sigh when my fingers finally curl around the cute keychain I had gotten from Malaysia.

I slowly open the door and step in. Hastily I hop out of my shoes and place them on the stand. I walk to the empty kitchen and fill myself a glass of water, mentally debating whether I should eat something or not. Finally I decide on the latter option and walk out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

I enter my room and plop onto my bed, spreading my legs wide apart. After a few minutes of just laying there, I decide to change out of my clothes and clear my head by taking a shower. Carrying my pajamas with me, I step into my ensuite bathroom.

I take my time in untying my hair from its ridiculously tight pony tail and sigh in relief when I feel the tension leaving my scalp. I run a hand through my chestnut brown hair, noticing how it has grown longer since I haven't bothered to trim it in a month or so.

I finally strip out of my clothes and step into the shower, my hand reaching out to turn the water knob to the right. I wait for a while till I know the water is hot and then step right under the shower head, letting the scalding water ease my muscles.

I wince when the water flows over a certain part of my inner thigh and causes a stinging sensation. I tightly shut my eyes and wait for the pain to subside.

I then turn off the water and reach to grab the bottle of shampoo. I stop the moment my eyes come in contact with the writing on the bottle. 

'Orange Scented, best for straight, silky and strong hair.'

My mind instantly goes back to the day when Noah had showed up at my house; drunk. The words he said to me before the night ended echoed in my brain so loudly, I can almost hear his voice.

"You smell like oranges, Aleisha. My favourite" 

My heart thuds firmly in my ribcage as I think about him again. I will myself to think of something different but it seems like those green eyes were set on haunting me today. 

I finish up my shower quickly, humming a random song to keep my mind off him.

As I dry myself, my hands lightly trace down my inner thigh, feeling the bumps of each and every scar that I had made there. I stop right before I touch the newer ones and continue drying myself. I don't quite know why I did that. Maybe to remind myself of how my life was before Noah. And how it has to stay that way. I can't let him know what happened. At all.

No matter how fast his emerald eyes get my heart beating.

~~~

Hey guys, so I know that this chapter is pretty short. It's kinda like a filler. Don't worry, there's a lot more of the story that is left to be uncovered. I have already made a plan in my head. Though I don't quite know how many chapters more I'm going to write. I didn't even think I'd get this far so.

Whoever has stayed through the ride, from the beginning, thank you. You guys are the absolute best and I love you all so much. Please please please recommend this book to your friends if they're into Romance and Teen Fiction. This story will get better I promise. There's a lot more left to come and I'm sure you guys will love what I've planned for this book. Just get your friends to love it too.

That's all I have for now, byeee. Make sure to vote, comment and recommend.