Nightmares

**A/N**

Hullo again :D
I'm back. Did you miss me? ...
no? Well fine then! Get out of here!
Wait no come back I need you, dear reader! I was joking! I'm sorry! 😰
Ok now that that's over with, let's get on to the story.

SEPTIPLIER AWAAAAAAAAY! (Booper dooper!)

* * *

Marks P.O.V

After opening up to each other, me and Jack played video games. The entire time all I could think about was how much I trusted Jack, even though I'd only been his friend a few days. It'd felt so easy to talk to him, he was sympathetic, he listened to me and he didn't judge me for my problems.

AND he told me a secret of his in return... he was the best person I knew, besides my mom.

My thoughts were interrupted by Jack suddenly screaming "SCREW YOU, BILLY!"

I turned to him with my eyes wide and he just burst out laughing. His laugh was so cute... I had to laugh with him, and we laughed hard enough to the point where he couldn't tell I was blushing. He sat up and rubbed his face with both hands. I looked out the window to his room, noticing the sky was doused in beautiful shades of red, pink, purple, and orange. I was so focused on it that I walked up to the window and set my elbows in the sill, resting my head in my hands and gazing out over it. I don't know why, but sunsets have always been beautiful to me. If you caught them at the right moment, you could see a few stars out in the sky while the sun was just about vanished behind the mountains.

There was silence until I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I turned to look at him and saw him blushing at me. I blushed back, realizing he'd been trying to talk to me and I was staring out the window.

"Ah, sorry..." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Hehe, It's fine." Jack walked up to me and looked out he window, too.

"It's just so pretty." I murmured.

"Yeah.." Jack said. While he looked out the window, some of the red light reflected into his piercing blue eyes. It was like a sunset over the ocean. Eventually, I'd stopped looking out the window and I got lost in his eyes. It took him a moment to notice, and then both of us turned red. I looked away from him and cleared my throat.

"It's almost time to get ready for bed." Jack said, slowly turning away from the window.

"Umm, if you don't want me in your bed anymore, I can sleep on the couch downstairs..." I said it calmly but I was honestly horrified his dad would beat me if I left the room again.

"No. I'm not letting you out of my sight with my dad out there." He said firmly, crossing his arms.

"O-ok." I paused. "Where's your bathroom?"

"I'll take you there, so you don't gotta go out alone." Jack grabbed my sleeve and lead us to the door. I followed close behind as he lead me across the hall and to a room by the stairs. "I'll wait in my room." He said, going back down the hall and to his room. I walked in and shut the door. Once I was inside, I went to the sink and turned it on cold. Then i splashed my face. I saw the bruises and lump on the side of my head.

Snap out of it, Mark. He's your friend. You've only known him a few days. You don't like him like that.

I sighed.

"I can't deny it. Yes I do." I whispered to myself, then I dried my face on a towel. I walked back to the door and into the hall, very cautiously looking down the stairs. My breath hitched. I saw a person lying unconscious on the floor, then when I saw who he was, the person's head lifted off the floor and started staring at me without moving.