You Know I Love You, Right?

**A/N**

Does anyone have any ice cream? I really want some ice cream.
No? Oh... too bad. :(

Anyways, this chapter is a little sad but not too much. Enjoy! 👍🏼

(I will use both P.O.Vs in this btw)

* * *
Mark's P.O.V

I carefully watched Jack to make sure he was ok. He still had his nose pinched with one hand in case it was still bleeding. He followed the directions I gave him to get to my house. I felt a bit of relief as my house came into my view. My mom was good. She'd like Jack. She wouldn't treat him like shit... like my father would. Then it dawned on me. Fuck. My father was home today.

I swallowed the lump in my throats and got out of the car with Jack. But once he was standing up outside the car, I saw him pause and blink for a few seconds, looking like he was going to collapse. I slipped my arm under his shoulders just in case. He shook his head for a second.

"I just got a little light headed. It's ok." He said. He took a breath in through his mouth before clamping it shut again. The rag was soaked in blood and a little had seeped out onto his hand. Dripped on his shirt and pants. Guilt washed over me. I wish I had been there for him. I wish I'd taken the hit instead.

I didn't take my arm from him as we walked to the door. I opened it and brought Jack inside. His eyes drooped.

"Jack... I should warn you... try to avoid my fa-"

"Welcome home, honey!" My mom called from the other room. She walked out with my father at her heels.

"Ther..." I finished.

"Who the hell is that?" My father said gruffly, pushing past my mom and studying jack up and down.

"My friend." I said blankly.

"I'm Jack.." he said with the bloody rag pinched to his nose.

"Is he ok?!" My mom gasped.

"He got hit by a bully... I got him." I said, feeling nervous now that my dad was giving me suspicious glances.

"Let me guess. He's a fag too?" My dad snapped. Jack blinked once before his drooping eyes shot open.

"Dad." I said under my breath. "Stop." Now was not a good time for his attitude towards me and gay and bisexual people. Really not a good time.

"Shut up and answer me." He snapped again, looking over Jack and me.

"Honey-"

"If I want my boy to answer me, then he'll give me a fucking answer!" He snapped, interrupting my mom. "Are you a fag just like my little shit of a son?!"

"SHUT UP ALREADY!" I snapped back. "YEAH, HE'S GAY! NOW FUCK OFF! YOU CANT GO ONE DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITHOUT REMINDING ME ABOUT HOW DISAPPOINTED YOU ARE IN ME! YOU NEVER CONSIDERED HOW IT FEELS TO KNOW YOUR FATHER HATES YOU. JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE, AND DON'T BRING JACK INTO IT!"

Sliding my grip down to Jack's wrist, I quickly pulled him up the stairs to my room, my father yelling after me. I slammed the door and locked it.