Part Eight(Peter's POV)

My head felt like it was going to explode. Something in my stomach was definitely ruptured. My lip was busted, and I think I had glass sticking out of my hand.

          But none of it mattered. I was with Kenzie.

          Kenzie stopped Ned's car outside of my apartment complex. She opened the door on the drivers side, and opened the door to the back, shaking Ned's foot until he woke up. She then walked around until she was right outside of my door, looking me over with intense anxiety.

          I began to open the door, but the slight movement caused excruciating pain in my abdomen. Kenzie must have been able to tell, because she opened the door for me, lightly wrapping her arms around me and lifting me out of my seat. That made a different feeling erupt inside of my stomach.

          I looked at her, trying to display my gratitude through a look so I wouldn't have to say anything else. She took my arm, placing it around her shoulders, and together we hobbled into my apartment building.

          I had almost forgotten that Ned was there. I heard him yawn loudly behind me and then grab my other arm, giving me support from both sides. I looked back and forth between the two of them, amazed at how I got so lucky to have them in my life. Even after all the things Ned had said about me.

          Ned and Kenzie pulled me along into the elevator, Ned pushing the button to my floor number, Kenzie rubbing my back gently. I felt tingles race up my spine, and I nearly forgot how to breathe.

          Soon enough we were at the door of my apartment, and Ned knocked on the door rapidly, evidently before remembering that I had a key. He asked me for it, not looking me in the eyes, and then used it to open the door.

          I looked around the small apartment, but there was no sign of Aunt May. She must have been working the late shift tonight.

          Kenzie briefly glanced around, and said to Ned, "Will you go and get some warm water and a washcloth? I'm going to try and clean out some of Peter's cuts."

          He nodded and started to shuffle towards the kitchen when Kenzie stopped him. "Oh, and Ned, will you also grab a cool rag and a bag of ice for Peter's head? He seems to have a major concussion." She declared, worry lined in every word she spoke. She looked between my eyes, which must have been hugely dilated. I felt as if I was going to pass out, but I wasn't sure if that was from Kenzie paying me so much fervent attention or from banging my head through a windshield.

          Kenzie continued to support most of my weight, carefully leading me over to the couch in my small living room and carefully setting me down. She adjusted a pillow to fit more comfortably under my throbbing head, making sure I was as comfortable as possible on the little sofa.

          She quickly stood up and began straightening the room, accidentally knocking over a lamp, but quickly catching it before it could make any sound. Kenzie then proceeded to turn off the lights directly overhead of me, causing the pain behind my eyes to subside a little bit. Somehow, she knew just what to do.

          I closed my eyes, dread filling my stomach. What was Aunt May going to say when she saw me like this?

          I felt a tingling sensation on my forehead, a striking contrast between hot and cold. I opened one eye to see that Kenzie had put the cold rag over my forehead, and as it started to slip down into my eyes, she gently but quickly pulled it back up to my hairline.

          Kenzie went to work cleaning up my scratches, gently dabbing them with a wet rag. I winced every time, but eventually the stinging pain became more bearable.