Part 32(Peter's POV)

My mind was racing as I swung back to my apartment. There were a few things that wouldn't stop circling my head, but there was one thought at the forefront of all of them.

          McKenzie James had kissed me.

          I had run it over in my brain a hundred times in the few short minutes since it had happened. I couldn't believe it. Once I pulled on my mask and swung away to go get ready for Kenzie's birthday date, I let myself smile wider than my webs could reach. My blood pumping with happy adrenaline, I yelled happily to the whole world as a swung, the energy of the kiss making me swing faster than I could ever remember going.

          Once I had hopped in the car and driven to Kenzie's, which didn't take as long as it legally should have, I was dressed in jeans, converse, and a simple red tee shirt. In the back of my car, in the secret compartment under the left back seat, lay my spidey suit and my web shooters, in case of an emergency.

          I had hurriedly combed my hair before I had driven back, but the day was windy and as I walked to her front door, and what had been semi-done before was now a wind-blown mess. I sighed, deciding it looked fine. Plus, I knew Kenzie wouldn't care. Regardless of if I did.

          Come on, Peter! It's your girlfriend's birthday! Shouldn't you be wearing something fancy or something? I thought bitterly to myself. Oh well. Too late.

          I knocked on the door. Barely a second after I had knocked, however, I heard a voice above me, yelling my name. I looked up at the roof of the ceiling, and my stomach dropped in disbelief at myself.

          Smiling down at me, from the top of the roof, where I had accidentally left her, was my birthday girl.

          "Hey, Peter! You got back fast," she said in surprise, as if that was the most interesting thing about what was happening.

          "Uh, yeah. I might have sped a little bit." I yelled back, my voice cracking.

          She clicked her tongue in disapproval. "You're going to get a ticket."

          "Who's going to give Spider-Man a ticket?"

          "I don't know. Tony Stark maybe?"

          I rolled my eyes, though she probably couldn't see it. "What would Tony actually do?"

          "Maybe he wouldn't arrest you, but as your adoptive father, he could put you in time-out."

          My face burned. "Considering I left you on the roof, maybe I deserve it."

          Her laugh echoed down to me. "Yeah, speaking of that... can I have a little help getting down?"

          It took a few minutes, but I got Kenzie down. From the ground, I guided her carefully to the lowest part of the roof, and then told her to jump, which she did, with a little bit of convincing. She then went to go change and get ready. By the end of the whole ordeal, I felt like the suckiest boyfriend on the planet. After she closed the door to her house, I sat outside on the steps, trying to forget what had happened.

          Fifteen minutes later, Kenzie shut the door behind her and came and sat down next to me. Suddenly, I didn't feel so bad anymore.

          She wore a plaid red shirt and jeans, her hair straightened. She had a black backpack swung over her shoulder, the silver detailing on it matching the silver of the bracelet she always wore. I noticed that she was wearing the necklace I had given to her, and was absentmindedly playing with it as she rested her head on my shoulder.