Part 19(Kenzie's POV)

I woke to the sound of frantic knocking on my front door. Still in heaven from yesterday, I opened my eyes and practically floated out of my bed.

          I opened the door to a hyperventilating Lucy, who immediately attacked me with questions about my date. Laughing, I yanked her inside, and we both ran up to the reading nook.

          "I can't believe you, McKenzie James! You go on a date with a guy that you actually like, and you fail to call me in the ten hours following it? Unbelievable." Lucy shook her head with a smirk, and then continued, "I guess I will forgive you if you make like the Flash and hurry up."

          I put a pillow under my ankle, which was throbbing from all the walking yesterday and running up the stairs just barely.

          Not leaving anything out, I gushed every detail I could remember. Lucy listened intently, reacting extremely well in all the right places. She offered the idea that Peter went and stopped the robbery just to impress me, but I shut that down immediately. I saw the genuine fire in Peter's eyes before he intervened- he did it to help, and for no other reason.

          As soon as I was finished, she made me retell some of the parts that I had been replaying in my own head- Peter walking me home, taking pictures at all the different monuments, the Seaweed-Brain and Wise-Girl buttons, and all of the little, beautiful things he did that made me happy beyond belief.

          Lucy was tearing up when my voice started to go hoarse from talking and screaming with her. I laughed and asked her why she was crying and she looked me in the eyes and said, "Is it not obvious? Kenzie, do you realize how happy this makes me? I am ecstatic for you right now. Because I can tell how happy you are. And I am never more happy than when you are happy." Lucy grinned. "I guess I won't have to kill this kid after all."

          "Yeah, definitely do not kill him." I agreed. "I might not be very happy with you." I grinned back at my best friend.

          Lucy put on a look of exaggerated surprise, earning a sarcastic eye-roll from me. Suddenly, I felt my phone start buzzing underneath my leg. I picked it up and my heart leapt when I saw that it was Peter that was calling me.

          "Speak of the devil," Lucy smiled. "Pick it up!"

          I did so, hastily pressing the green button on my phone.

          "Kenzie?" Peters voice rang through the phone and into my ears, causing a shortage of blood flow to my brain.

          "Hey, Peter! What's up?" I replied, hoping I sounded steadier than I felt. All of the memories from yesterday came flooding back into my brain, and I wanted to hug him through the phone. Obviously, that didn't work.

          "Nothing much, I, uh-- I was hoping you and Lucy could come and hang out with Ned and I over at my place? I mean, it could just be you, or just be Lucy, but-- well actually, I want you to be there. Lucy is welcome to come if she wants to. Not that I don't like Lucy or anything, it's just that I, um, want you to come." He finished awkwardly.

          Stifling a laugh, I replied, "No worries, Peter. We will be there soon."

          "Really? I mean, awesome. Awesome. See you in a minute!" his excited tone was still echoing in my head even after I hung up the phone.

          Lucy was staring at me expectantly, as if waiting for me to say something. Then I realized I hadn't told her where we were going, so that mystery was solved pretty quickly. "Oh, um, Peter wants us to come and hang out at his place. I said we'd go. You ok with that? We don't have to go, obviously." I added quickly.