Part 29(Kenzie's POV)

I was woken from my sleep by a metallic voice breathing in my ear. "McKenzie. McKenzie."

          My heart jumped into my throat, and I lurched forward off of my pillow, and whacked my head on something hard before I had even opened my eyes. Pain exploded in my head.

          I laid back down, massaging my temples furiously. Groaning, I opened my eyes, and once I recognized what was happening, my eyes opened so widely that it hurt. The face of Vision, the Avenger, was staring down at me, seemingly analyzing every move I made. "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. Are you alright? You hit your forehead on the synthetic metal of my head. That must have been very painful. I apologize."

          I laughed in disbelief. "Ever heard of knocking?"

          A look of sadness crossed Vision's face. "I have been told I need to become more proficient at using the door for it's intended purpose. But, Mr. Stark asked me to come and wake you up. Breakfast is ready downstairs in the kitchen."

          I glanced up at him, the ache behind my eyes slightly alleviated. "Which downstairs, may I ask? And in which building?"

          "This building. It's the floor just below the one we are currently on. Once you go down the stairs, you turn ninety degrees to your right, walk straight for about two hundred feet, then turn ninety degrees to your left, and it's going to be the large room with the double doors about fifty feet in front of you." Vision looked down at me, waiting to see if I understood.

          "Yeah, okay. Thanks." I stared up at him, unsure whether to laugh or be intimidated. I guess that was enough confirmation for him, because he nodded subtly and turned towards the door. Not that he used it. He simply floated towards the door and seemingly melted right through it. I stared at the door for a second, my mouth hanging open. "I guess robots have no use for privacy," I mumbled.

          I sat up, the comforter slipping off of my arms and torso. A cold chill ran up my forearms, the warmth of the comforter quickly leaving me.

          Bracing myself for the cold, I threw my legs off the side of the bed and sprinted into the closet where I had left my outfit from yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only were my old clothes washed and dried, but there had been an outfit set out for me. There was a simple, elegant, striped pink blouse and some dark wash jeans. I looked down at my hair, happy to find that it had a nice wave left over from yesterday's tight curl.

          I put on the clothes set out for me, intrigued at how well they fit. I walked into the bathroom of my room, which included a jet bathtub and a shower with a seat. Tony Stark never goes half way, apparently. I shrugged, turning to face the mirror. The area on my forehead that I had hit on Vision was quickly changing from red into a purple, tinged with green. I reached up and touched the spot gingerly, grimacing as pain exploded around my newly formed bruise.

          But, hey. For a girl that had encountered a man who wanted to kill her, fallen on the pavement, and whacked her head on a metal head of a synthetic robot, I didn't look that bad.

          And made her best friend angry enough to walk out on her, I reminded myself bitterly, the pressure of tears building behind the bridge of my nose. I hastily reached up and wiped my eyes.

          I focused on my breathing, closing my eyes. Now was not the time to stress about how terrible of a friend I had been. I was going to have breakfast with Tony Stark.

          Wait, I thought in excitement. If Vision's here, then how many other Avengers could be-

          I cleared my throat, grabbing my phone off of the dresser and sprinting out my bedroom door.