Part 27(Kenzie's POV)

If it is possible for something to feel like an eternity and a millisecond, then that's how I would describe the drive.

          Thoughts were racing through my head faster than I could really think them. Not that this was too unusual for me; being around Peter kind of had that affect on people.

          Sick and tired of thinking, I began to expend all of my conscious mental effort into distracting myself. I stared out my tinted window, focusing on a single tree in the distance, and then watching it race past as soon as it got close. As my eyes tired, I felt them close, and then I was somewhere else.

          In the dream, I was sitting on a chair in a dark room. When I tried to move my hands, I found them tied behind me. My heart started to pound. It was all too familiar, all too soon.

          I looked up, and as my eyes adjusted to the darkness surrounding me, I could see the shape of three people walking towards me. One seemed to be a woman, and the other two appeared to be men. The man in the middle was tall and buff, but I could immediately tell that he was not Damon. The guy on the left seemed tall and unhealthily skinny, his head a bit too big for the rest of his body. The woman, on the other hand, was curvy and fit, and I could tell by the way that she held herself that she meant business. To my dismay, I couldn't see any of their faces.

          The middle guy's body shook with laughter, and as the sound echoed around the building, an icy chill trickled down my spine.

          "I have waited a long time for this moment. You were not difficult to find, but you were annoyingly difficult to capture. I guess you have people that cared about your welfare and whatever else." The person who was talking paused for a second, as if reveling in the moment. I couldn't quite make out who the voice belonged to, but I could tell it wasn't the lady. They continued, saying, "I guess they'll just have to find someone else to care about, won't they?"

          As the man in the middle advanced towards me, the fear in my chest made tears stream down my cheeks. I knew I was going to die. In my dream, I closed my eyes in acceptance, a thousand thoughts racing through my head.

          Suddenly, I heard a voice screaming my name. I opened my eyes to see Peter running towards me, with just enough light in the room to make out the details of his face. He was yelling at the people surrounding me to stop, telling me that I was going to be okay. He was only twenty yards away now. I opened my mouth to say his name, but I saw the barrel of the gun advance towards me before I heard an ear shattering gunshot, and then everything went black.

          I must have forgotten to put a seatbelt on, and then fell asleep leaning my head on the door, because as soon as I woke up, I was falling out of the car as the door opened beneath me.

          Happy gasped in surprise, still holding the handle of the door. Pain shot up my elbow as I hit the pavement. I just sat there- face down on the cement, rubbing my aching elbow- trying to use the pain to distract myself from the terrible dream that was hurting me even more.

          "Hey, kid- do you need help?" I heard Happy say. I turned to face him, and accepted his outstretched hand. Rubbing the specs of cement off of my jeans, I started to take in where I was. Suddenly I didn't care very much about how my jeans looked.

          I was in the parking lot of the Avengers Headquarters.

          The huge, marble building was definitely tall, but more impressive was the sheer magnitude of the whole property. There was the main building, which was probably 40,00 square feet. Then there were various smaller buildings on the sides, and I assumed, the behind as well. I saw multiple sports cars of various different kinds; Lamborghinis, Bugattis, Porsches, Ferraris- in the parking lot alone, there was probably an assortment of cars worth about thirty million dollars. And I hadn't even gone inside yet.