Part 23(Kenzie's POV)

Lucy was sitting on my bed when I walked into my room.

          My once pristine red dress was now bruised with dirt and tattered. Guilt wallowed up inside of me when I remembered Lucy had picked it out for me.

          As I walked towards my bed, Lucy's head whipped around towards me, and she shot up and suffocated me with a bear hug.

          "How was it? Did you have fun? Did Peter dance with you? Did he--" she pulled away from me and paused, taking in my appearance. Worry replaced the excitement on her face like a tsunami over a sandy beach. "What happened?"

          I hesitated, debating on how much to tell her. "You know that video that I sent in to the Avengers a few weeks ago?"

          My best friend's eyebrows creased together. "Yeah?"

          "One of the, uh, bad guys, found out it was me that sent it in."

          The worry on Lucy's face expanded and tears welled up in her eyes. "They found you?" she muttered.

          "Yeah. But it's okay."

          A look of astonishment washed over her face. "It's okay?" she repeated. "There is no possible way that this is okay! I could have lost my best friend! You could have died," she said hollowly.

          "Lucy. It's okay because I was rescued," I started.

          "By who? And why am I more shaken up by this than you are?" she demanded.

          "I'm more than okay because I was saved by Spider-Man." I breathed.

           Lucy's eyes turned wider than saucers. "You're kidding, right?"

          "Not kidding! He rescued me from the truck that the guys kidnapped me in, and then we rode on the roof of a train back most of the way and watched the stars race past us, and then he took me back to my doorstep and swung off with a really profound statement. It's like something from one of my Spider-Man fantasies, except it was real. Classic superhero save kind of thing. That was the coolest thing though- it was so simple and so perfect. So real. That's kind of the essence of what Spider-Man is, in my opinion." I ranted. My heart was light despite the terrifying events of the evening. Not that I didn't feel the fear, or that I wouldn't later- but that as of right then, the good outweighed the bad.

          A second later, I found myself tackled to the ground by a screaming Lucy. Her lips moved like she was saying words, but what came out of her mouth was mostly indecipherable screaming. I joined right in along with her, letting the magic of a dream come true really sink into my heart.

          After I finished recounting almost every detail of my night to an avidly listening Lucy, she exhaled dramatically and rolled backwards onto her back, arms flopped out around her. "Wow. The only not perfect thing about your night was that you got kidnapped, so that's a little bit of a killjoy. Other than that, though, a perfect date with your dream guy, and then a perfect encounter with your hero. Can you teach me how to have an awesome love life?" Lucy sighed.

          "You know, Percy did say he had a son that was our age that was 'roguishly handsome'," I laughed.

          Lucy quirked her eyebrow. "Hm. Maybe I'll look into that." she paused for a second, a questioning look crashing onto her face. "Wait. What was Mr. Perfect Boyfriend Parker doing after he realized his girlfriend had been taken hostage by some evil villains?"

          An internal debate flared up inside of me, one side telling me that I should tell my best friend about my newfound discovery, the other battling that it would be one more opportunity for Peter to be found out. What if someone were to get information about Peter through Lucy? Not only would I be putting Lucy in danger, but I would be putting Peter at risk as well. He didn't even know that I knew.