Part 33(Kenzie's POV)

Peter's grip was suffocating my hand as he pulled me along the streets, as though he was afraid at any time, he might lose me. Not that I was complaining. I'd much rather have him hold on too tight than not hold on tight enough- but, he is a superhero. With superhuman strength. It's all good; who needs fingers anyways, am I right?

          As we ran to who-knows-where, the sky above us started to darken as thick, heavy clouds rolled over the sun. When the downpour started, I felt my clothes start to stick to me, and I saw that the same was happening with Peter. I grinned at him while he looked up at the sky, embracing the sheets of rain that were tumbling down on the both of us. I looked up with him, blinking water out of my eyes. I felt a tug on my arm and found myself running again. I felt a surge of gratitude that my backpack was waterproof, protecting my book and my phone.

          "Where are we going?" I laughed. Peter had finally slowed down in front of a roofed bus stop. He gestured for me to sit as he did the same.

          "It's a surprise," he teased. I sighed in defeat.

          Pulling out my book from my bag, I settled myself onto Peter's shoulder and began to read. After a few minutes, I felt his torso begin to bounce a little bit as his leg thoughtlessly jumped up and down. Just as I shifted off of his shoulder so I could read clearer, he stood up, and out of my peripheral vision, I could see that he was pacing slightly. I rolled my eyes. He's so restless. I went back to reading. The sky above the roof of the bus stop brightened, and I could feel the pleasant sensation of the puddles below me evaporating, my clothes drying ever so slightly. The air surrounding me was still thick with moistness, as though the sky couldn't decide whether it was done raining or not.

          "Kenz, is there anything in particular you want to do? It is your birthday, after all."

          I flipped the page. "Nope. I'm good with whatever."

          "There's not anything?"

          "I trust that you'd know better than me."

          "Yeah well, we could go to the Empire State Building, or the Statue of Liberty, or Times Square, or Fifth Avenue- but those all seemed too touristy, you know?" he trailed off, and I could tell he was looking at me.

          I flipped the page again.

          He sighed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him do a backflip. Just to tease him, I didn't look up.

          Next came hopping onto the roof of the bus stop, and then hanging down from it to try and look me in the eyes, but the book still kept my attention. Peter hopped down, flinging his arms up.

          "You've got to be kidding me-" Peter cut himself off with the 'pst' sound of spiderwebs that tore my book right out of my hands. I looked up at him, astounded. Yes, I was teasing him- but to take my book away? That was going too far.

          I stood up begrudgingly, folding my arms. "Peter, give me my book back."

          He pursed his lips. "But if I do that, you won't talk to me."

          "Peter-"

          "Okay, okay, come and get it then!"

          I quirked my eyebrow. In response, he held the book high above his head. I walked over to him tentatively, glancing up at my precious book. I leaped for it, but he stepped casually out of the way. My face burned, but I didn't give up. I pounced for it again and again, and the last time, Peter stooped down and lifted me up onto his shoulders, swinging me around.