Part 18(Peter's POV)

I was shaking as I walked over to Kenzie's desk after the release bell rang on Friday.

          Most people were crying and laughing because they were officially done with high school, but my mind was so far beyond high school at that moment. As much as I tried to deny it, I couldn't ignore the fact that ever since I've become Spider-Man, my mindset was far beyond the world of teenage education.

          I had debated on going to the bus stop and waiting, but May suggested that I should walk with her everywhere, so here I was.

          I ran over the mental checklist that May and I had come up with over the week; talk with her and show interest in what she wants to talk about, ask about the little things(not too personal, that's creepy), try to act normal, make sure I thank her. Be a gentleman. Let her go first, hold the door open for her, that kind of thing. May had said. All you have to be is Peter Parker. Don't try and be anything you're not, because you are more than good enough just the way you are. It's ok to be nervous. Just be you.

          I found myself desperately hoping that was true, because before I knew it, I was standing right in front of Kenzie.

          Kenzie smiled widely at me, making my heart bounce hastily into my throat. I should have been used to it by now, but her toothy smile got me every time.

          She shrugged her shoulders, picking up her Spider-man backpack up off of the ground. The nerves in my body were rocketing out of control, but, I realized, more in excitement than fear. "You ready to go?" she asked me.

          "Absolutely. Let's go." I said with a smile. She lightly rested her hand on my shoulder, using me as a slight support for her small limp. I wasn't really sure what to do with my hands, but I ultimately decided on putting my arm around her waist. From across the room, I saw Lucy winking at Kenzie and doing a little dance, causing Kenzie to blush furiously. Lucy then looked at me and gave me a look that clearly said 'Do this right or I'll kill you', so that totally calmed down my nerves.

          Kenzie rolled her eyes and pushed us along, and together, we walked out of high school.

          I felt like this was a milestone on more than one level. Not only were we physically walking away together, but I felt as if we were leaving it all behind mentally as well. I hoped that this was how all of my milestones would go- with Kenzie here to be with me, both of us moving forward to something new and equally exciting. This is only your first date, and you are thinking way too big. Stop it, Peter! I laughed inwardly at myself.

          Kenzie stopped and turned around, giving a last melancholy look to Midtown School of Science and Technology. She looked at me, and her eyes suddenly lit up. "We need to take a last day of school picture!" she exclaimed excitedly.

          "Yeah! Yeah, sure." I responded with a smile. She pulled out her phone from her back pocket, and Lucy(who had been not-so-subtly trailing behind us), was more than happy to do the honors of taking the picture.

          Still with my arm around Kenzie(for support, of course), we both smiled in front of the school logo. Lucy seemed to take a trillion different pictures, so I'm sure there was at least one where I didn't look like a total idiot. She made us do different expressions, and Kenzie was having so much fun that I was happy to oblige.

          Then we were off.

          We took the bus again, and we talked about high school. We talked about how it really wasn't all that bad, despite what it was made out to be. We talked about our favorite things, and she seemed to genuinely be having as good a time as I was.