Prologue

Raven

I was seven years old when I first met her. It was at the children's park where I'd gone to play with my friends. I guess I never really liked her from the start.

We fought over a teddy bear. Mr. Potson was his name, I think. I found him first, which meant I had the right to play with him first.

Too bad we ended up pulling on both his legs until we ripped him into two pieces. And we've hated each other ever since then.

Janelle B. Ontario.

She'd always been my sworn enemy. I hated her, really hated her.

Back then, when we were kids, she had good heights and a pretty face. Now she was pretty short, and even though I wouldn't say I liked the thought of it, her size was adorable.

For the two of us, it was war.

As I glared at her from my locker, someone smacked my head from behind me, and I swear, if looks could kill, this person would be dead now.

I was not surprised it was Katherine, my annoying best friend.

"Staring at your girlfriend again?" she asked, smacking her gum noisily.

"Oh please, don't call her that. I'd not date her type even if someone dared me to." Kat shrugged.

"Remember what your Mum would always say?" she smirked, "there's a thin line between love and hate, and also, we can't tell where fate can take us to."

I turned to glare at her, she was suitable as always, but I didn't care.

"Stop acting like some counselor or something," I replied. She only smiled.

The school was a hell hole, as usual. Apart from hormonal teenagers lurking in the school halls, most of my classes weren't dull.

But something was wrong, and I had all my favorite classes with Janelle. The thought of almost white hair and ocean blue eyes with a tint of green always made me twitch.

They were perfect, and even if I tried, I could never get them out of my head. Maybe it was the hate.

I shrugged the thought off as I rushed to class, but as always, it just returned.