Chapter Twelve

Raven

We left for school early. Because, I wanted to finish my art work as quickly as possible. I'd thought about last night continuously. I was fine with it and so was Janelle. It didn't feel awkward when I woke up with her arms around me.

I had to wait downstairs for her to get done. When she saw my 1957 Chevrolet 3100 pickup truck with blue fiery design on it she shook her head.

"Everything you have has blue color on it. How the hell do you cope with blue?" she asked as I turned the car on.

"I don't know. It's just, it gives me peace. I can't explain." I was going to drop her off at her house before heading to school.

An old truck was following me. This old depreciated truck followed me as slowly as possible. I tried to get the face of the person driving it and I didn't want Janelle to notice. So I parked the car in the driveway of a coffee shop.
"You need anything?" I asked her. "Uh, donuts?" I nodded. "Alright. I'll get you that."

I got the donuts she wanted and two plastic cups of coffee.
But as I got out, I saw the other truck park across the street. A man in boots jumped out of it. He looked familiar. Wait what the hell am I saying, he was the same guy from yesterday.

Why would he be following us? At least he didn't notice that I'd seen him. He had a digital camera in his hands with which he took pictures of Janelle.

He got back in his truck again. He was waiting for me to get out. So I did, I got in the car, handed a cup of coffee to Janelle. "I hope you like cappuccino. If you don't like that, you can have my latte." she shrugged.
"I'm okay with this." she said, raising the cup to her lips. I was hoping I didn't stare too much. So I started the car and drove off to her neighborhood. 

"So, I'll see you tonight?" she asked. I shrugged. I'd parked in her driveway and she wasn't planning on going inside her house anytime soon. I let her take the donuts, or maybe what was left of  it.

She hugged me and attempted to give me a peck. I turned my face at the last second and she ended up pecking my lips. I blushed.

"See you later!" she exclaimed and jumped down from the car. She ran towards her door, stopping once to wave at me.

I got to school not quite long after. Partly because Janelle's house wasn't far from school. Ms Genevieve was waiting for me in her class.

"It's time you arrived, Grey. Why don't you find your work over there and complete it." she pointed at the far end of her classroom where art works that were incomplete were usually kept.

"Good morning, Genevieve. Nice to know you survived the night. And on a second thought, what if I start a new one instead?" She glared daggers at me. One, for calling her by her name, and two because she needed to leave here early.

"Will you be done before 4pm?" she asked. I shrugged in response. "I don't know. But, I'll try."

Before 4pm, I was done. My painting was different from what I'd wanted to paint initially. I'd made a painting of Janelle and even signed my name at the end of it.
Shit!

I was supposed to paint my mum, not Janelle. I stared at the painting again. This was from our time at the park, when she was on the swing and laughing at nothing in exact. She looked peaceful, undisturbed.

Ms Genevieve was impressed with my work. She kept saying it was beautiful. I wasn't particularly disturbed. I got an A and also, my painting was hanging on the wall of the class room.

I won't lie, more than ten of my art work was in Genevieve's class. She'd eat my head if I ever made the mistake of requesting for them to be brought down.

I left school after I'd helped miss Genevieve hang my painting. I was pretty disturbed. That man from earlier, the one stalking Janelle could have been the one who attacked her few days ago.

There was a strong possibility. It was the only thought that nagged at the back of my head as I drove through streets to get back home. It would stress Janelle out if I told her. So whatever I was going to do, I'd do it on my own.

I washed up quickly after I got home. Fixed my hair right. I only noticed the package that was on my bed after I got out of the closet. A note was on it.
-in case you don't know what to put on. got you something you'd like.
Mum.

I smiled, no other person would know when selecting a T-shirt sucked. It was a habit I caught from dad. Inside the package was a white long sleeve shirt.

"Oh mum. What's the world gone be without you?" I questioned no one in exact, but I got an answer.

"Nothing. The world would be nothing. Your mum sent me here to help. Just in case you mess up." I turned to face dad. He gave me his signature smirk.

After minutes of searching, I found a rip-free pants to wear. Dad said I looked okay. I picked up my phone, my wallet and hugged him good bye. I was going to borrow his car after all.

"Well, have fun honey..." Dad called out as I left.

I didn't know how nervous I was, but I knew for a fact that I was nervous.