Chapter Twenty-seven

Raven

[11/04 12:06 am] Jaę ♥: Got home safe. Ty for the party. T'was fun.

[11/04 12:07 am] Blue eyes: Glad you did. Can't sleep tho.

[11/04 12:10 am] Jaę ♥: Why? Tried taking sleeping pills? Kinda helps, tbh.

[11/04 12:13 am] Bluę eyes: Ik. But I can't take that now. We got school tomorrow and if I take them, I'll get up late.

[11/04 12:15 am] Jaę ♥: Lol. Somehow, you're right. Brb, need to take a shower.

[11/04 12:15 am] Bluę eyes: Sure thang. Think I need one too. Might help me sleep 😴.

[11/04 01:35 am] Jaę ♥: I'm out already. Did the shower help?

[11/04 01:37 am] Bluę eyes: Nope. Not tired at all. I think it's a side effect of the drugs I've been taking at the hospital. Why you still awake though?

[11/04 01:39 am] Jaę ♥: You ain't asleep yet. I can't let you stay awake all night. I'll be a bad gf then.

[11/04 01:41 am] Bluę eyes: Lol. You still remember that. Had to get Roshni off my back somehow. Sorry tho, in case you're mad at me for that.

[11/04 01:43 am] Jaę ♥: Are you kidding me? The look on her face was worth it. Lol 😂  and I kinda liked when you said I was your gf.

[11/04 01:45 am] Bluę eyes: Do I suspect you're blushing?

[11/04 01:45 am] Jaę ♥: Duh, -rolls eyes. I'm not.

[11/04 01:50 am] Bluę eyes: Eye see. Lol.  Trying to find a book to read, something that's boring, so I can get sleepy...

[11/04 01:52 am] Jaę ♥: I hope you do soon. My eyes feel like they don't belong to me. They might shut down on their own...

[11/04 01:54 am] Bluę eyes: You're permitted to enjoy the comfort of your bed. Please go on, the land of dreams await you. Lol

[11/04 01:56 am] Jaę ♥: Yup, I think so too. See you at school tomorrow?

[11/04 01:58 am] Bluę eyes: Eager, are we? Yeah. See you tomorrow. Ttyl, Sleep tight.

Since I didn't get any reply, I guessed she was already asleep. I had a hard time using just my right hand. There was always a fresh wave of pain on my left hand whenever I attempted to use it.

I still couldn't sleep, even with the lights on and the short period of time I had left to sleep. I kept rolling back and forth.

I left my room and went off to the kitchen. I prepared a cup of milkshake for myself. It could help me sleep. Kattie said it helped her sleep whenever she couldn't.

I took a large sip and flipped through the art magazine mum left in the kitchen. I was still doing my business when someone jumped on the counter. I freaked out.

"The hell!! Rosh? What the actual fuck were you thinking?"

She giggled, and I glared at her. I took a glance at my spilled milkshake and my half soaked shirt.

"I'm sorry. I really wasn't expecting to find you in the kitchen at..." she took a long glance at her watch before deciding to change her mind, "at this ungodly hour. Why aren't you in bed yet?"

"Nothing. Couldn't sleep is all."

"Nightmares?" she asked.

I gave her a funny look. "What am I? Five? Why would I be scared of nightmares?"