chapter six

| Manhattan, NY |

Jungkook's shift at the diner was almost over that afternoon. The diner was currently packed with hungry customers and Jungkook was getting the check for his last table of the day. He walks over to the cash register and hands over the check to Yoongi, who oversaw the register that day.

Yoongi took the card and began to charge the order, while at the same time Jungkook stared at Yoongi anxiously. Yoongi looked at Jungkook, noticing Jungkook staring at him while biting his lip.

"What," Yoongi blurted out, cautiously looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook shook himself out of his staring episode. "Sorry, sorry. I was just wondering..." Jungkook hesitated for a moment. "What would you do if your ex-husband came back to town and found out about your son that you hid from him and now he wants to meet him and you know he deserves to meet him, but you're still really mad at him and want him to suffer for the rest of his life?"

Yoongi was taken by surprised at his extremely detailed question, and at first thought Jungkook was joking, until he remembered he had a lot going on with Taehyung.

"Umm," Yoongi said uncertain of what to say. Jungkook was waiting on a response with watchful eyes. "Look, I don't know the whole story, but whatever happened between the two of you I bet things can work out. If it's the right thing and you want to then I'm all for it...I guess."

Yoongi handed back the check to Jungkook. "So you think I should? It's the right thing to do then," Jungkook asked once more.

"Well, I don't see any harm in it. It's not like you guys are planning on getting together again. It's just for the kid's wellbeing," Yoongi replied.

"Alright, thank you for that," Jungkook said with a smile.

"You're welcome."

"Well, I guess I'll go take this back," Jungkook said, waiving the check. "I'll see you tomorrow."

___________________________

"Jungkook! You're here!" Once Jungkook knocked on Jin and Jimin's door, Jin instantly opened the door and welcomed him and his sons inside. The adults decided to have an outdoor dinner that evening since they haven't planned anything lately. Jin and Jimin had been busy with college stuff since they were both professors and Jungkook had enough on his plate right now. Jin came up with the idea and they decided to spend the day at their house to catch up on what was happening.

Jay asked Jin where Alice was and Jin told him she was in her room. Jay excused himself and went looking for Alice in her room and Jungkook and Taemin followed Jin outside. Jimin was setting their outdoor table with plates and silverware when he saw Jungkook.

"Hey guys," Jimin said with a smile. He walked over and hugged Jungkook and bent down to kiss Taemin on the forehead. Taemin giggled and quickly sat down at the table.

"Daddy, I'm hungry," Taemin said instantly.

"You need to wait a little longer. Uncle Jimin isn't finished preparing the table," Jungkook said.

"We made some yummy food Taemin. You'll love it," Jin said enthusiastically as he brought in a bowl of salad. Taemin moved his legs in excitement.

"Jungkook, do you mind helping me get the chicken from inside," Jimin asked. Jungkook nodded and followed Jimin to the kitchen.

"So, how have you been," Jimin asked as he put on some mittens.

"You know, work and the boys," Jungkook said, hiding the part of Taehyung being back.