chapter nineteen

A/N: Just a quick note, I apologize in advance if I don't get some court hearing  technicalities/terms correct, I'm not a lawyer or have ever gone to a real court hearing. I hope you guys enjoy!

****

| Los Angeles, CA |

Jungkook stared at his reflection for a long time, as if he was frozen in place. His hair was fixed up and the suit he had bought made him look confident even though he felt sick in his stomach. Nervous was an understatement to what he was feeling. In an hour, the hearing will begin that will determine sole physical custody of his kids. 

There was a knock on the front door and in came Jimin dressed up as well. 

"Hey, you ready?" Jimin had a smile on, his way of making Jungkook feel better. 

Jungkook held out his tie. "I need some help with this. I haven't tied one on since your wedding."

"I got you," Jimin said, gladly taking the tie. Jungkook stood in front of Jimin as he tied the tie, although Jimin had to stand on his tip toes to reach him. 

"How are you feeling," Jimin asked. 

"I feel like crap. I'm just ready for this to be over," Jungkook said in a complaining tone. 

"Don't worry, everything will be fine," Jimin said, adjusting the tie into place. 

Jimin turned Jungkook towards the mirror to see himself. "There, you're all set."

Jungkook sighed

Jungkook sighed. "Jimin, what if things go bad today?"

Jimin massaged Jungkook shoulders to ease his stiffness. "It won't, you're going to do good. We all are and we're going to make sure the judge sees that. Just calm down and be confident."

"Thanks for being here, Jimin."

Jimin smiled and he patted Jungkook on the back. "You're welcome. Now, let's go. Everyone is waiting outside." Jungkook nodded in agreement and they both made their way down to the lobby.

Jin, Yoongi, and Jay were all waiting near the front desk. They were all in their suits and Jin and Yoongi instantly smiled when Jungkook and Jimin made their way. 

"Alright, you ready," Jin asked. 

"Yeah," Jungkook replied. He turned his attention to Jay. "Did you call to check on Taemin?"

"Yeah, Alice said he's good. He just ate breakfast," Jay answered. 

"Alice has it covered. You don't need to worry about it," Jin said. Jungkook had decided it was best to keep Taemin at home and Alice would be taking care of him while they were gone.

"Okay, taxi's here. We don't want to be late," Yoongi informed everyone and they made their way outside. 

_________