chapter thirteen

| Manhattan, NY |

Jay heard someone knocking on the door. He wondered who it could be at the door this late. Jungkook was working at the diner tonight so it was just Jay and Taemin at home. Jay turned the doorknob and opened the door to find Alice. She was wearing a hoodie, a pair of jeans, and her hair was in a braid. Jay smiled once he saw her and quickly pulled her into a hug which Alice returned eagerly. 

"I didn't realize you missed me that much," Alice said jokingly. Jay motioned for her to come in and they began to walk to the living room. 

"It's been a while since I've seen you," Jay replied. 

Taemin was sitting on the couch eating some Foot Loops and watching TV. He turned his attention to Jay and Alice and smiled. "Hi Alice," he said, waving his hand at her.

"Hey, Taemin," Alice replied with a smile. She turned her attention to Jay. "It's a school night. Shouldn't Taemin be in bed already," she asked Jay.

Jay shrugged his shoulders. "My dad's not here to say anything. He'll be fine," he replied with a mischievous smile.

Alice shook her head with a grin on her face. "Aren't you the world's best babysitter." Alice sat down next to Taemin and started playing with his hair. Jay sat next to her.

"So, how was your weekend trip to L.A.? Did Taehyung shower you with the most luxurious things to gain your love and trust," Alice teased.

"Eh, it wasn't too bad. A little dramatic if you asked me."

"Why's that," Alice asked.

"Well, it turns out my father has a boyfriend that he neglected to say anything about. You could imagine my dad's reaction," Jay replied.

Alice's jaw dropped in disbelief. "Oh my god."

"Yeah, you'd think he'd give anybody a heads up. Things kind of went south after that. I mean the morning we left the house was awkward like you wouldn't imagine. My father said bye to Taemin and my dad said bye to my brother, Jihun, but that was it. They barely looked at each other. Even my father's boyfriend, Hoseok, didn't say much and he talks way too much."

"Dang, what a way to end things. I guess your dad really hated the trip," Alice replied.

"Yeah, I don't think my dad has talked to my father in a while. I mean it's barely been two days, but still you know? I guess things really did end badly," Jay said.

"What do you think is going to happen," Alice asked.

"Honestly, I hope nothing does. I mean I knew things would just go to crap again with my father in the picture. Nothing good ever comes from being with him," Jay replied.

"But, what about–" Alice covered Taemin's ears for a second. "What about Taemin? Wasn't the idea to give Taemin a relationship with Taehyung?"

"Why'd you cover my ears? I couldn't hear Paw Patrol," Taemin asked curiously.

"No reason," Alice lied. Taemin went with it and returned back to his cartoons.

"Well who knows now. Things aren't good. Maybe my dad told him to back off. Maybe that's why my father has been distant. He's proven to be persistent before, but not anymore."

"I know you don't like Taehyung that much, but from what's been happening lately, I don't think you should give up on him. He's proven to you guys that he still loves you. No matter what happens, I think he doesn't want to be away from you guys," Alice said.

"Well it doesn't matter what he thinks in the end. My dad has been making the decisions and if he pushed him away then that's their problem. If he didn't think it was a good idea from the beginning, I don't know why he gave my father another chance," Jay replied.

Before Alice could say anything, the was a knock on the front door. 

"Who's that," Alice asked. 

"Is it daddy," Taemin asked.

"I don't know," Jay replied. He got up and walked towards the door. He opened the door and was surprised to see who it was.

"Hey, sorry for showing up unexpected. Didn't exactly have anybody's number," Jihun said, holding a luggage bag. 

"Jihun, what the hell are you doing here? Why aren't you back home," Jay asked. He was shocked to find his younger brother at his front door. 

"I don't know. Just wanted to come visit, I guess. After all, we are family," Jihun replied with an innocent smile. "So, are you going to let me in?"

Jay moved aside and let Jihun inside the house. Jihun set his luggage aside and took off his coat jacket and fixed his shirt. "So, is our dad here," he asked Jay.

"No, he's at work. It's just Taemin, Alice, and I," Jay replied. 

"Who's Alice," Jihun asked. 

"Jay, who is it?" Alice came from the living room and found Jay and Jihun at the door. 

Alice and Jihun locked eyes for what seemed to be forever. Jihun was taken away by Alice he almost let go of his coat jacket. 

"Oh hi," Alice said shyly. 

"Hey," Jihun replied, his cheeks turning pink with blush. 

"Hey, Alice this is my brother, Jihun," Jay said, introducing them to each other.

"Nice to meet you," Alice said as she ran her hand in her hair in an attempt to make it look better. 

"Nice to meet you too," Jihun with a smile. 

Jay noticed how nervous and weird they were acting and he didn't like the way they were looking at each other. Jealousy was erupting inside Jay as he sensed something between the two the minute they met each other.

****

Sorry for the overdue update! You guys have heard me complain about how busy I am with school and work. I decided to get a chapter out for you guys tonight before I start studying for my chemistry exam tomorrow. 

Anyways, so things seemed to be calming down, but now we have a sudden love triangle! Let me know what you guys think in the comments! Also, be sure to vote if you liked this chapter and if you're enjoying this book add it to your reading list to others can see and give this book a chance!

Until next time!

- A.