chapter thirty-eight

| Angeles National Forest, CA |

"You came to save them..." Hoseok's voice went soft in sadness. 

Taehyung stood unfazed. "Hoseok, you don't have to do this."

"You really love them, don't you?"

Taehyung was eyeing the situation. Hoseok's attitude was different now. He still had Jay with his hands up and Jungkook tied up. "Hoseok, drop the gun."

"Did you ever, truly love me? Or was I some replacement for what you lost? But now that you have them, you don't really need me anymore do you?"

Taehyung sighed out of desperation. "Hoseok, please..."

"You still love him, don't you?" Hoseok was looking at Jungkook. His eyes turned back to Taehyung. "You never really stopped, right?"

Taehyung looked at Hoseok with heavy eyes, but couldn't find it in himself to answer him. Hoseok began to tear up and a single tear fell down his tear. 

"I love you. I always have and I hope I can fix this mess I made somehow," Hoseok began as he started to cry. "I didn't mean to go this far, Taehyung. I'm just so fucked up and hurt and I didn't think. All I keep thinking is being together again. I just wanted to be happy with you."

"Hey, hey it's okay," Taehyung said softly. He took a step towards to Hoseok, careful not to make any suddent movements. If he could drop Hoseok's guard down then maybe he could get the gun out of his hands. 

"I must be going crazy. I bought this gun from some guy in the streets," Hoseok admitted, waving the gun and making everyone flinch in fear. "I've never killed anyone before."

"That's okay, we'll figure everything out, okay," Taehyung said calmly. 

"I just miss you so much, Taehyung," Hoseok cried. "I'm so hurt right now. I can't think straight. I just want to be back home and cuddled up in bed with you."

"I was going to kill Jungkook," Hoseok confessed and immediately after he let out a laugh. "I really was and I thought that once I did everything would be resolved. I was going to point this gun right on his head." Hoseok shifted the gun towards Jungkook's head and everyone paused. "I was planning on hitting the trigger right on his head and the last thing he would remember seeing before he died was me. What a perfect way to get revenge on the person who stole you from me."

Jungkook started to cry again after hearing those words. "Shut up," Hoseok snapped and Jungkook wimpered in fear. 

"Hoseok, look at me. Look over here," Taehyung said to get Hoseok's attention back. "Nobody has to die. You made a mistake, but you can come back from it. Just let me help you before it's too late."

Hoseok shook his head with a defeated smile. "I'm sorry it has to be this way. There's just no other option." Before Taehyung could understand what was happening, Hoseok had shifted the gun towards Taehyung. 

"I love you and I will always love you. But so do they and I'm not sure I can live knowing that you don't love me like you do with them. I need you gone more than I need Jungkook because then nobody will be able to love you since you'll be dead," Hoseok said through his tears. 

"Hoseok, please don't," Taehyung said as his eyes began to tear up too. 

"I'm sorry," Hoseok muttered. 

In a flash Jay sprung into action and grabbed Hoseok's arm that held the gun at Taehyung. Panic filled Hoseok's eyes and he quickly fought against Jay. The two wrestled one another. Jay fought to get Hoseok to release the gun, but Hoseok wasn't letting up. 

And then there was a gunshot that stopped all of the movement in the room. Jay was frozen in place and when he looked down he saw blood staining his shirt. 

Jungkook cried out a horrifying sound and Jay fell to the floor as he clutched his stomach around the bloody wound. 

No matter how shocked Taehyung was, he pushed through the fact that Hoseok had shot Jay and pinned Hoseok down on the ground. Hoseok let out a cry of pain as Taehyung's body was on top of his. Taehyung quickly pulled the gun out of Hoseok's hand and pushed it out of his reach. 

"Jay, no!" Jungkook was crying so hard as all he could do was watch his son's body stay still as more blood was leaving his body. 

****

I know you guys are in panick mode right now. Check back to see what happens next. Until next time!

- A.