chapter twenty-seven

| Manhattan, NY |

It had been a few days since Taemin's birthday party and the fight that had broken between Jay and Jihun. It had been especially hard for Jay who was oblivious to the secret relationship Alice had with his younger brother. Jay and Alice haven't spoken to each other. Jay felt like he couldn't trust Alice anymore at first. He thought that they had something special, a sacred connection between them that couldn't be disturbed. 

He missed visiting her and hearing her voice, even if it had only been a week with no interactions. Of course he was mad at her for hiding a secret from him, something so heartbreaking it felt like she had cheated on him. Yet, he wanted nothing more than to wrap his arms around her so tight that there would be no space between them. 

He wanted to see her, even if that meant the possibility that she didn't want to talk to him. She must be hurting too, Jay thought. So that afternoon after Jungkook had come back from work, he walked to Alice's house. 

It was a rainy day in Manhattan with the scenery of the place looking gray and dull. Jay walked through the streets in a rain jacket to shield him from the rain. He passed by traffic and passing individuals also walking towards their destinations. 

At last, when he reached Alice's neighborhood he continued walking until he reached to the familiar house he visits frequently. At a glance, the house looks vacant. The lights are off and there is no car in the driveway. His uncles must still be at the university and won't be back until later. Yet he knew that Alice should be inside, cuddled up in her room either studying or playing some video games on her computer. 

Jay began to walk up the short flight of steps to reach the door and stood in the front of the door. He extended his arm and pushed the doorbell and immediately the sound rang throughout the house. He pulled down the hood of his jacket and fixed his hair as he waited for Alice to answer. 

At last, the door began to unlock and Alice had opened the door, revealing Jay who stood on the other side. She was surprised to see him, his jacket all drenched in water as well as his jeans. 

"Why did you come walking here, it's raining a lot today," Alice questioned Jay, fixing her oversized hoodie she had on. 

"I wanted to see you," Jay began. "Can I come in?"

Alice looked at Jay in the eyes and nodded her head. She moved aside and Jay walked inside, removing his damp shoes and placed them next to the door outside. 

"Do you want something to drink," Alice asked as Jay took off his jacket and hanged it up. 

Jay shook his head. "Actually, I just wanted to see you."

"I thought you didn't want to see me again after what happened," Alice said, looking ashamed as she glanced down at her slippers. 

"All I need to know is if its over. Between you and Jihun?"

Alice turned her attention back to Jay and nodded her head. "It's over. I like you, Jay. It's just you, I promise."

Jay slowly approached Alice and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a warm embrace. Alice laid her head on Jay's chest and put her arms around him as well. A sigh of gratitude escaped her lips as a smile appeared on her face. She felt that rush again when she's around Jay. She had worried that she wouldn't feel that again. 

"You're the only one for me too, Alice. I'm sorry that I almost let you go," Jay said against her ear. He broke his hug from Alice and began to pull something out of his pocket. 

"This is for you," Jay said, holding out a gold necklace in front of Alice. 

"What is this for," Alice asked, looking up at Jay. 

"It's a gift for you," Jay replied with a smile. "I thought we should make us official from now on."

"Official?"

Jay let out a small chuckle, making his eyes squint. "That is if you'd like to be my girlfriend. I'm leaving tomorrow to Los Angeles with my family to have Thanksgiving with Taehyung. I won't get to see you for a while, so I thought I should give you a nice surprise."

Alice gazed at the necklace and then back at Jay with a warm smile on her face, revealing her white teeth. "I would love to be your girlfriend, Jay."

Those words brought so much happiness to Jay as he extended the necklace out to put on Alice. Alice turned around and moved her hair out of the way. Jay placed the necklace slowly on Alice and closed the lock for her. She turned back around and admired the necklace, noticing the two letters in the center. 

"AJ," she asked Jay. The letters A and J hanged on the necklace. 

"It's the first letter of our names, AJ. Do you like it," Jay asked. 

"Oh my god Jay, people are going to think my name is AJ," Alice said as she started to laugh which made Jay laugh as well. 

"I love it, thank you," Alice said looking into Jay's eyes. She pulled him back into a hug, holding him tighter this time. Alice looked up to Jay and placed a kiss on his check. Jay instantly began to blush and it made her laugh at his reaction. She was genuinely happy to be Jay's girlfriend and was looking forward to loving every second of it from now on.

****

I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long for an update! I've been busy and without any motivation to find time to write a new chapter. But I hope you guys enjoyed this fluffy chapter of Jay and Alice getting back together. 

I'm having my spring break soon so hopefully I'll be able to post more chapters that week. Let me know your thoughts on this chapter in the comments and remember to vote! Until next time!

- A.