chapter twenty-six

| Manhattan, NY |

Jungkook stood outside of the door as he watched Jin, Jimin, and Alice drive back home. It was already dark outside, but their departure was rather early. Alice wanted to go home and Jin and Jimin were considerate about her choice and said goodbye to everyone. The two brothers didn't interact after their fight. Jay had gone off to his room without another word and Jihun just sat at the kitchen table with Taehyung, Hoseok, and Taemin. 

Despite the cold, Jungkook sat down at the stairs of his house and tried to relax for a minute. The day had been stressful getting Taemin's party set up and then having his two sons fight over something teenage boys would fight about. He just needed some fresh air to clear his mind and end his day in peace. 

Suddenly, the front door opened and Jungkook turned his head to see Taehyung holding a jacket. "Hey, you didn't come back inside and I thought you might be cold," Taehyung said as he approached Jungkook and held out the jacket. 

"Thanks," Jungkook replied, accepting the jacket and putting it on. It instantly warmed him up and Taehyung came and sat down next to him. 

"Sorry that things got out of hand. Jihun isn't the aggressive type. I don't know what made him think hitting Jay back would solve anything," Taehyung apologized. 

Jungkook shook his head. "No need to apologize, Jay is the one who causes trouble. That's not new with him. They're brothers and brothers fight, but they'll make up."

"I think sometimes they forget they are brothers. It's only Taemin who shows any affection out of the three," Taehyung joked around.

"Those two were always at each other's throats since they were little. Luckily, Taemin has been kind enough to not cause me any trouble," Jungkook replied. 

Taehyung turned his head and looked at Jungkook. "He's had a good dad that raised him to be good," he said with a smile. 

Jungkook turned his head back and blushed a little. "Where did we go wrong with Jay then," he said jokingly. "Jihun is such a good kid, maybe I'll just ship Jay with you to see if you can straighten him out with whatever you have in Los Angeles that I don't."

"Even when he was little I still remember how crazy he would get. He turned out to be quite a handful even with the both of us," Taehyung said. 

Jungkook chuckled to himself. "And when Jihun was born he would bother him so much. Remember that one day I had left Jihun in his little rocking chair with his pacifier. Jay was playing with his toys and Jihun had fallen asleep and so I went to the kitchen to get a drink.  I came back and Jay had taken Jihun's pacifier."

"Yeah, and Jihun had woken up from his nap. I came in the living room and you had taken the pacifier from Jay's mouth and then he started to cry," Taehyung added.

"Jihun didn't cry or anything, but Jay kept trying to grab his pacifier again, but I kept stopping him," Jungkook added.

Taehyung laughed. "Poor Jay wouldn't stop crying. I got him his pacifier and he finally calmed down in my arms." 

Jungkook looked into Taehyung's eyes. For once in a long time, he enjoyed having him around. It brought back good feelings. "I'm surprised you still remember these little things."

Taehyung's eyes softened as he looked at Jungkook. "Of course. There are good memories there that I wouldn't want to forget."

Before Jungkook could decide to pull away or give in, Taehyung had ran his hand past the side of Jungkook's hair, traveling behind his ear and moving forward to his cheek. It sent shivers down Jungkook's spine that ran throughout his body. Jungkook looked into Taehyung's eyes deeper as he became mesmerized by his touch. 

"Maybe things could be like they were years ago, Jungkook. Maybe there are too many good memories there to forget about," Taehyung said in a soothing, soft voice. 

The world felt still as the two kept their gaze on each other, but everything fell back into reality too soon. 

"Taehyung?"

Jungkook and Taehyung had broken their focus from each other and turned to the door to find Hoseok standing there, watching the two. Taehyung pulled away from Jungkook and stood up from the stairs. 

Hoseok kept glancing back and forth between Taehyung and Jungkook, at a loss of words. "I-I think it's time for us to go. Jihun and I are ready to call it a night."

"Oh, oh yeah it is pretty late. We should head out," Taehyung said, his reaction being late. "I'll just call the driver to pick us up."

"O-okay," Hoseok simply replied. He kept his attention on the two instead of returning inside. His feet wanted to walk towards Jungkook, who stood there as if nothing had happened, but kept his feet in place. In the end, Hoseok managed to turn around and walked back inside.

He knew what he saw. He saw where this was beginning to go. He just wished he hadn't. 

****

I know a lot of you will have some reactions so share them with me in the comments and remember to vote! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Until next time!

- A.