chapter twenty-one

A/N: So for the sake of the plot, no surveillance footage captured Hoseok pushing Jungkook, it just captured him falling. We'll have our revenge on Hoseok in the future.

| Los Angeles, CA |

Judge Bane walked back inside the courtroom, as well as everyone else, to continue. Everyone began taking their seats and waited to begin. The main doors opened and in came Hoseok who sat down next to Jihun, giving him a pat on the back. 

"Where's Jungkook," Yoongi asked Jin and Jimin. 

"He went to the restroom," Jay answered, who was sitting on the other side of Yoongi. 

"Alright, we're about to continue." Judge Bane turned her attention to Jungkook's lawyer, Mrs. Byers. "Where is your client?"

"He should be here any minute," Mrs. Byers said as confident as she could, even though she had no idea where Jungkook had gone to. 

The main doors opened again and a woman who worked in the front office came in with worry in her eyes. 

"Judge Bane, we have a problem," the woman said. 

Everyone turned their attention to the lady. The woman turned her attention to Mrs. Byers. 

"There's been an accident with your client. He's being rushed to the hospital."

After registering those words in his head, Taehyung never had such a painful feeling in his gut until now. 

________

Jin, Jimin, Yoongi, and Jay had beat the rest of them to the hospital and were currently sitting in the waiting room. Jin had his arm wrapped around a crying Jimin, Jay had his head pulled down to his thighs with his hands covering his face, and Yoongi stared blankly at the ceiling. 

Taehyung walked towards them with speed, Jihun, Hoseok, and Namjoon following behind.

"What's happening? What did the doctors say," Taehyung asked desperately. 

Jin looked up at Taehyung. "We don't know anything yet."

"Is he going to be okay," Jihun asked. 

"We don't know!" Jay yelled at Jihun. The room fell silent for a minute. 

Jin turned his attention back to Taehyung. "They'll let us know as soon as they're done examining his injuries. We just have to be patient."

"Come on. Let's just sit for a while," Namjoon said, grabbing onto Taehyung's arm. They all sat down, nobody saying a word.

It felt like time was moving slowly, but the thoughts in Taehyung's head were running full speed. He thought about Jungkook and what would happen if the worst were to come. He didn't want to think about it, but the thoughts wouldn't leave his head. 

His heart felt heavy and stiff, almost to the point that he felt lightheaded. He kept looking around the room, as if Jungkook would walk in with that smile that always seemed to lighten his mood. Even though they weren't together anymore, or even to the point of brokenness they seem to be, Taehyung always knew Jungkook would stay in his life. One way or another, and it would feel enough for him.

"Are you all here for Mr. Jeon Jungkook?" Everyone turned their attention to the voice. 

It was a young man in green scrubs and a white coat on. He scanned everyone's faces for a minute, finding the one person who should receive the news directly. 

They all stood up. "Yes, that's us. How is he," Jimin was the first one to respond. 

"At the moment, not so good. He has a subdural hematoma and we need to take him into surgery," the doctor responded. 

"Subdural hema-what," Jay asked.

"He has a brain bleed that needs to be attended to right away before the pressure in his brain increases."

"And what if the pressure increases too fast," Taehyung asked, receiving glances from everyone.

"His risk of falling into a coma or even death increase drastically."

"Please, do what you have to do," Jihun said. 

The young doctor nodded. "We just need consent forms signed. He's being prepped in the O.R right now. Does he have a spouse or next of kin old enough to sign," the doctor asked. 

Taehyung was about to speak, but Jin beat him to it. "I'll sign, if that's possible. We're the closest thing to family he has here," he said, pointing at Jimin and himself. Taehyung low-key felt hurt, but he wasn't his husband anymore.

"Please, take care of my dad," Jay said before the doctor and Jin left. 

Seconds later, Jay began to cry in his seat quietly. Taehyung watched Jay cry and it broke him inside. 

Hoseok connected his hand with Taehyung, which grabbed Taehyung's attention. "Everything will be okay," he said with a reassuring smile. 

Taehyung pulled his hand away from Hoseok's without warning and sat next to Jay. 

"Jay, don't worry. Your dad is going to pull through, he's a strong person," Taehyung said, running his hand on Jay's back, attempting to calm his son. 

However, Jay pulled away from Taehyung. "Don't touch me. Go away," he said in between tears. 

"Taehyung, please," Jimin said. "You're not helping him."

Tears started to form in Taehyung's eyes. "Papa, come back and sit down," Jihun said, patting the seat. 

Hoseok got up and walked towards Taehyung. "Come on, Tae. It'll be okay."

Hoseok moved his hand towards Taehyung's, but he pulled back his hand. "No," Taehyung exclaimed in tears. "I'm going for a walk. I need some time alone."

Taehyung walked away from the rest. Jihun called out for him, but he ignored him. Taehyung felt the nearest exit and his lungs instantly filled with the fresh air like he had been deprived of air for so long. 

Taehyung began to cry harder, tears running down his face. He was worried out of his mind for Jungkook. There was the possibility that Jungkook could be in a coma, or worst situation, not come out of surgery alive. The thoughts wouldn't leave his head and it was killing him inside. 

Taehyung yelled, like the universe was to blame for this horrible situation. Taehyung's squeezed his eyes tight and continued to cry until there were no more tears to let out.

****

Stay strong everyone. Sorry for all these heartbreaks, but the show must go on. 

Share your thoughts in the comments and remember to vote! Until next time!

- A.