chapter thirty

| Los Angeles, CA |

The time had come when everyone was finally together and ready to enjoy their Thanksgiving dinner at Taehyung's house. Namjoon was also invited to spend the evening with Taehyung and the rest of the family.

 Everyone was happily passing along the food and setting portions onto their plates. Jungkook was busy preparing Taemin's plate before he served himself and everyone was entertained with Taemin bossing Jungkook on what to put on his plate. 

"Daddy I want lots of mashed potatoes," Taemin exclaimed.

"I'll serve you more if you finish what I put on your plate. You have to let everyone get some as well," informed Jungkook, setting the plate in front of Taemin who started pouting at the sight of more green beans than mashed potatoes on his plate. 

"Don't worry buddy, there will be plenty for seconds," Hoseok said enthusiastically in order to raise Taemin's mood back up. 

"So when is the wedding happening, Taehyung," asked Namjoon as he wiped his mouth with his napkin. 

Hoseok looked back at Taehyung although Taehyung wasn't paying attention. Nonetheless, Hoseok answered. "We're looking at having it around Christmas time. It's going to be great!"

Jihun looked up from his food. "Wait dad, I thought you said your schedule is packed next month?"

Hoseok looked back at Taehyung puzzled. "I thought we agreed on the wedding first and then work."

"Actually, Taehyung has a lot of promotions lined up before we start the tour. We have to boost up publicity and screen time and, of course, raise profit for funding the tour," Namjoon added in. 

"Does that mean you'll be performing at Time's Square for New Year's Eve," Jay asked Taehyung. 

Taehyung looked around, not sure as to what to say. 

"Oh definitely. We're in the works of getting that set up," Namjoon answered instead.

Hoseok looked back again at Taehyung with an irritated look on his face. "Why haven't you told me anything? Don't you think I should be included in these decisions?"

"Hoseok, it's okay," Jungkook said, getting Taehyung and Hoseok's attention. "Even though Taehyung is going to be busy, you'll still have the wedding. Maybe not when you originally thought, but you'll have it soon enough," he said with a reassuring smile. 

Jungkook's words seemed to have surprised the two because Hoseok seemed to calm down, but still had a frown on his face. Taehyung looked at Hoseok and put his arm around him. "I'm sorry, I hope you're not too mad," he told Hoseok. 

The table grew quiet for a minute as there was still some tension around Hoseok and Taehyung. Jungkook had surprised himself with the reassuring advice he gave Hoseok. After all, it had been a few hours since Taehyung confessed to Jungkook that he might be looking for a reason to not get married. Still, Jungkook wasn't looking to cause any damage, especially on a day where everybody gets together to show their appreciation.  It wasn't the time or place to start saying things he might regret.

Even if he still felt something for Taehyung, he's learned that it's best to avoid those feelings and look forward for his sake. However, Jungkook could see Taehyung's gaze was fixed on him instead of Hoseok. Taehyung might be comforting Hoseok at the moment, evoking feelings for his boyfriend, but Jungkook could sense that there was something stronger between him and Taehyung. He just worried about what Taehyung might be thinking as he pondered on the idea that Taehyung might act towards what he had confessed to him.  He was scared and excited that Taehyung's feelings might bring them closer together or bring them back into chaos. 

****

Short chapter with a weird way to end things. I couldn't think much on how to write the ending so it might sound weird. Long story short, Taehyung has given Jungkook the choice to say something that could bring them back together or not in the last chapter. It is certain that Jungkook doesn't want to break the relationship, but who knows what Taehyung might do due to these feelings being ignited once again. 

So leave your thoughts in the comments and remember to vote! Until next time!

- A.